How do you lose a 777?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lost-Season-6-lost-10648918-1280-800.jpg

It is a 777...and they saw a slick, and I believe a door. Just a matter of time before they recover something, I guess.

It's amazing that no debris field has been spotted thus far, despite the what, 9 mile long oil slick?

my bad 777.. Still pretty large plane, but I guess them are some big mountains.....

Headlines this morning said the oil slick was unrelated, and the "door" wasn't actually a part of the plane but just some unrelated floating debris.

thats what I saw on the news this morning, granted it was MSNBC so accuracy isnt always there thing..

How long was that French jumbo MIA in the south Atlantic before they found it?

777s are huge, there aren't too many commercial airliners bigger, some airlines seat 10 across in that thing. So it's a pretty **** big plane to completely lost track of.

I saw an article saying two of the passengers had their passports/tickets stolen. Security shows that their tickets were used, but by some unknown other people.

Sometimes theft can be a good thing? :dunno:

I saw an article saying two of the passengers had their passports/tickets stolen. Security shows that their tickets were used, but by some unknown other people.

Wow, that is a twist on the story that I read... which said there were two passengers using stolen passports, but both had been stolen years/months ago and reported as such into some database run by the French Lyon people or something like that.

Wow, that is a twist on the story that I read... which said there were two passengers using stolen passports, but both had been stolen years/months ago and reported as such into some database run by the French Lyon people or something like that.

That's the story I heard, EG.

I would hazard that we're the most put together for this kind of thing, no matter what you may think of the NTSB. We've headed out and assisted on other foreign plane crashes. I actually don't mind when we have subject matter experts that can help.

Back