Looking for the 2008 NCEES Transportation Practice Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Predgw

Reaction score
Anybody have a copy they would be willing to sell, or scan and lend? I have done a search and can not find any. I checked Amazon as well.

I have the 2011 version, however I would like a second practice exam that is more realistic to what I will see in April. I did a mock exam with the Goswami All in One this weekend and it was not realistic based on the length of time to solve the problems and the fact that there were questions outside the outine by NCEES.

Thanks in advance.

Pred, there was no Transportation-specific NCEES 2008 Sample Questions and Solutions. It was just one book with 20 AM questions, and 20PM questions for each of the PM modules. Also, a lot of the problems from the 2008 Q&Ss were caried over to the 2011 Q&Ss. So, for the most part, the Transpo 2011 has what the 2008 had and more. With that said, there are a small handful of problems unique to the 2008. It's worth getting if you can find it for a reasonable price. But, 1.) it's not easy to find (as you found out) and 2.) it's usually pricey if you can find it. Mine is on loan right now and not for sale (and not for scanning as I don't believe that is legal) but I thought I'd reply to give you a quick description of the 2008 book. Good luck.

PS Yikes! Here's one for $125!!

You can try amazon marketplace for used copies. Abe books is another online retailer of used books. There are others, too. Be sure that you're buying the item you want, i.e. - check ISBN numbers and so forth. A lot of used booksellers aren't going to be hip to variances in NCEES sample exams from year to year or discipline to discipline.

You can try amazon marketplace for used copies. Abe books is another online retailer of used books. There are others, too. Be sure that you're buying the item you want, i.e. - check ISBN numbers and so forth. A lot of used booksellers aren't going to be hip to variances in NCEES sample exams from year to year or discipline to discipline.

But, remember - like I said, if you can find it, it will likely be expensive. http://www.amazon.com/PE-Civil-Sample-Questions-Solutions/dp/1932613315/ref=sr_1_13?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1394570478&sr=1-13&keywords=ncees

I have a beat-up one that I'm willing to part with for the same price I paid for it ($25). The previous owner(s?) marked it up a bit, I whited-out pen marks in a bunch of places but there's some I couldn't be bothered with. Let me know if you're interested.

Also FYI there's a fair amount of errata that go with the 2008 practice book - I believe a pdf can be obtained through ncees though if not I can definitely provide.

I think I will just stick what I have now. I thouht there was a similar practice exam for print year 2008. Sounds like it is another reference manual with problems. Given all the reference updates it is probably not worth getting. Thanks

I think I will just stick what I have now. I thouht there was a similar practice exam for print year 2008. Sounds like it is another reference manual with problems. Given all the reference updates it is probably not worth getting. Thanks

It isn't a reference manual - the book I have is the very 2008 NCEES Civil Sample Questions and Solutions book that ptatohed linked to on Amazon. No big deal if you're not interested, just thought I'd clarify.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right. It's not a reference manual as K19 points out. But it is also not a true 'practice exam' as Pred was hoping for. There are practice questions and solutions but not 40 AM / 40 PM to make it an accurate simulation.

Yeah, what I was really looking for another 40/40 sample exam. I think I will pass K19. Thank you for the offer though.

Do you still have it? I like to purchase. Do you have paypal?

I have a beat-up one that I'm willing to part with for the same price I paid for it ($25). The previous owner(s?) marked it up a bit, I whited-out pen marks in a bunch of places but there's some I couldn't be bothered with. Let me know if you're interested.

Also FYI there's a fair amount of errata that go with the 2008 practice book - I believe a pdf can be obtained through ncees though if not I can definitely provide.

I have the 2008 one in a PDF...I'll post on Tuesday when I get to work.

Thank you

Got busy today and didn't get around to posting...will hopefully get to do so tomorrow.

Gee I wonder why someone who just PMd me yesterday no longer wants to buy my used copy. Thanks!

Back