Writing Instruments for PE exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRAMAMU

Reaction score
Hi, I am taking the P.E electrical exam this April (1 month to go!) in Louisiana, still did not receive instructions and id from NCEES but have a question reg. use of writing instruments: everybody I met have told me pencils and erasers will be provided at the exam, my question is: can we carry extra lead, just in case and second question is how do you sign the first page policy and acknowledgements - is it okay to bring a pen with you to sign that stuff, or do they expect you to just sign it with the pencils they provide. Thanks a lot ! Just gearing up :)

Hi, I am taking the P.E electrical exam this April (1 month to go!) in Louisiana, still did not receive instructions and id from NCEES but have a question reg. use of writing instruments: everybody I met have told me pencils and erasers will be provided at the exam, my question is: can we carry extra lead, just in case and second question is how do you sign the first page policy and acknowledgements - is it okay to bring a pen with you to sign that stuff, or do they expect you to just sign it with the pencils they provide. Thanks a lot ! Just gearing up :)
Here's what's in the Examinee Guide on the ncees website:

You will receive an NCEES pencil with an eraser to use during the exam. Using a non-NCEES writing instrument or eraser to complete any portion of the exam will lead to dismissal from the exam and/or invalidation of your exam results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Translation:

DO NOT TAKE ANY PERSONAL WRITING INSTRUMENT INTO THE EXAM. EVERYTHING YOU DO CAN BE DONE WITH THE PENCIL AND ERASER PROVIDED.

Of all the other rules they announced at the beginning, they probably announced the pen/pencil one 20 times more.

Back