How Much did you make at your first job?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ship Wreck PE

Reaction score
I started as a janitor at a Municipal Auditorium and they paid me $3.10 an hour.

my first real paycheck job was at toysrus for like $5.10 an hr, which was min wage at the time i think By the time a graduated college and stopped working there over school breaks I think I was up to like $9.75 an hr

I worked as a "custodial engineer" for the Green Bay Packers for $5.25/hr IIRC. Great HS job.

$10/hr at my first one that gave me a W2 form at the end of the year. Tool and die shop.

$7.25 working as a barista at the on-campus coffee shop/Baskin Robbins.

I can't remember.

But I remember how much I paid for my first job.

:D

OOOOOYYYYY!!!!

Jack and Jill, both went up the hill,

each with a buck and a quarter.

Jill came down with two fitty :bananadoggywow:

Last edited by a moderator:
That ducking whore......

$3.15. - gas station by my house.

I filled propane tanks, filled bags of ice and stocked beer....

Best job a 15 year old can get.....

Now they want minimum wage to be what my salary was the first year out if college:-

My first Engineering job I made $10.00 / hr.

With a 4 year ABET accredited degree.

[RANT] And I fully agree, these bums today want that as minimum wage. Where would the incentive be? I had the incentive that I didn't want to live in the card board box behind Macy's department store, so I stayed in school and off of drugs. Still seems simple enough. [/RANT]

^ exactly. While it might be "easy to say" from my current position, those low paying jobs also gave me the drive I needed to find something better in getting a college education.

$8.00 /hr at a plumbing shop. things were booming at that point so I was usually working 50 hr/wk so for 10 hours each check is was $12/hr for overtime, man I thought I rolling in it then. Which I kinda was because I was still living at home so it was all basically spending money.

^^^. Wow!! That's a great first job. You are winning so far, and I have the lowest paying first job.

$3.35 an hour, at a Dairy Queen "Brazier". Probably 1984?

Oh the stories I could tell..... I'll sum it all up with "I never ate at one again!"

Back