How big of a trainwreck will Russian Olympics be?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries, I'm sure it will be fine.

shopping-cart-on-road-in-russia-o.gif

I have a nagging feeling it'll be reminiscent of the Munich 72 Olympics.

I've never Been to Russia but I did spend a couple months in The former soviet republic of Georgia (army)I didn't get the picture that building codes and high standards of care for construction were high priorities....

And it sounds like they built a Vail style resort town in a few years....

I'd actually like to see the place. Maybe they can get added to the Rocky Mountain Super Pass?

I hope I'm wrong, but I think something very bad will happen.
anywhere but Russia, I would agree. However, given their tendencies for extreme measures I expect them to remove all civil liberties in order to make sure that there are no successful attacks. That doesn't mean that terrorists wont attempt anything, but I think that Russia doesn't want the global humiliation of knowing that something was imminent and couldn't avoid it.

^RG is right. building codes and overall quality of life are not major concerns and I feel that this is the reason for the terrorists objectives. Kinda makes you wonder how much of Russia got the memo that the Soviet Union was dismantled for a democratic republic.

Opening ceremonies are tonight, but they already have events underway (mostly preliminaries, practices, and qualifiers that aren't televised).

Last edited by a moderator:
i'd bet shaun white isn't the only one to start dropping events when they see the conditions of the snow and such.

Back