Happy birthday, PE-ness!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy birthday! Time to get it up and get it on!

HBD, PE-Ness! :multiplespotting:

If it's raining where you are, make sure you wear your rubbers!

Have a good one! Make your friends clean up the mess when the party's over!

Thanks for all the support, folks. It really helps, because I've been kind of down most of the time, lately, and was in need of a good pick-me-up.

I think it all started with the on-the-job accident I had recently. I can't remember if I told you all about that. Probably not - it takes me a long time to type, since I only ever press one key at a time.

Well anyway it all went down like this: as you know, I don't work often, but when I do, I mostly perform outfall inspections for the firm owner. It's hard work but it usually pays off in the end, and I can come away satisfied for quite some time afterward. But it's always messy work. Environmental conditions are such that I'm surprised I haven't been hurt before, to be honest, with the slippery surfaces, infectious diseases and all. So on this last job, I had just come out of a particularly difficult outfall, thinking I was done, but suddenly I get a call from the firm, telling me to go back in. Fine, no problem. Well, on the way back in, I got in a little bit too much of a hurry and I slipped, and missed the hole by a wide margin and crashed head-first onto the hard ground. You'd think that it would be my head that was hurt, but no, it was more of a back injury. I haven't been able to stand up straight since then.

My boss gave me a few days off, but then it was back to work, but I just couldn't perform, and had to withdraw early. Since then, I am told our client has found another firm to service the outfall. My boss is so upset that he has temporarily shut down the firm, and I haven't had anything to do since then but to hang around. And on top of that, I'm injured and can't even work out anymore, so I'm feeling pretty limp.

Back