Evaluation of foreign degree

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FHS

Reaction score
Hi, Iam a master degree holder in structural engg in india. Presently ,Iam in Atlanta. I need evalute my degree to proceed for FE exam. Which service for credential evaluation of foreign degree is the best ?. On my online search I was able to know that certificates or documents should be send to the service from university. Is it possible ?.Does anyone had this situation?.Kindly advice me how can I do my evaluation here?.

[SIZE=medium]First, you need to decide in what state you’re going to be taking your FE exam (I assume it’s Georgia)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Then, call State Board of Engineers and Surveys and ask them what the requirements for examinees with foreign degree are. Based on my example (PA) I had to apply for evaluation thru NCEES (ONLY, no other agencies were allowed to do evaluation for FE exam) with all the paper work required from the University and such and after they were done with the evaluation process they simply forwarded the information to the State Board, then State Board reviews the files and decides if you’re allowed to take FE test.. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I don’t remember all the details but you definitely need to start with a conversation with your state Board. And be prepared for a few months of waiting till your evaluation is complete if it’s NCEES.. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Good luck![/SIZE]

Back