PCS Email to Pay for Licensure

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donny7

Reaction score
Now that some of the PCS states have been released - how long will it take to get an email from PCS with the next steps to pay for the license now that you have passed!?

NJ/CT? You guys were the first PCS states to report.. have you got an email yet to pay for your license?

no email received. ON the NCEES website at my account dashboard there is a link for next steps. State board has indicated that they will send activation application within two weeks of their being notified of passing grade and fulfillment of licensure requirements.

^ correct. PCS has no bearing on the remainder of the licensing process. They merely only handle "processing" the exam scores and reporting to candidates of the corresponding states. The next steps will be handled by your state board and the instructions for which should be documented accordingly.

How long did it take for NJ to show up on NCEEs?

no email received. ON the NCEES website at my account dashboard there is a link for next steps. State board has indicated that they will send activation application within two weeks of their being notified of passing grade and fulfillment of licensure requirements.
^ correct. PCS has no bearing on the remainder of the licensing process. They merely only handle "processing" the exam scores and reporting to candidates of the corresponding states. The next steps will be handled by your state board and the instructions for which should be documented accordingly.

MA folks: the results are now in on NCEES and the 'next steps' link only takes you to the Board's homepage. I didn't see any relevant links from there, so I asked a co-worker who said we should get something in the mail from either the state or PCS with license activation & certificate instructions.

I'm still waiting on any additional notifications from my state as well (Washington). I can also see that I still show up as an EIT in the state database. Does it typically take this long to get further instructions?

^ have you checked the respective licensing board website for more information? Perhaps there is electronic information there with instructions on the overall licensing process. I know my state board (WI) has this information archived and can be readily downloaded from the licensing board website.

^ have you checked the respective licensing board website for more information? Perhaps there is electronic information there with instructions on the overall licensing process. I know my state board (WI) has this information archived and can be readily downloaded from the licensing board website.
All the website says is "once you pass, you'll receive your license number within 4 weeks and wall certificate within 12 weeks."

I wasn't sure if it's just a waiting game now for the 4 weeks for my license number or if I should be expecting something else in the mean time.

NJ sucks. We are told by the Board that the wall certificate won't come for 4-6 months. They also say there is about a two week wait for license activation paperwork to be mailed. In my opinion, this is all BS. All of these forms should be available online and completed online for that matter. Oh well. More waiting.

I already have my PE License number in MD and applied for my wall certificate, whoooooooo, soooo happy!

The congratulation letter said:

A wall certificate will be ordered for you when you apply for the license. Please allow approximately eight weeks to receive your certificate.

See, MD is far better in comparison to NJ. I called yesterday and was rudely told that they are working on it with no timetable for when the letters will be mailed. and on top of that, we will be waiting 4- 6 months for the wall cert. Oh well, first world problems...

I am sorry but wait a little bit more, you already got your license, I am very happy for me, for you and for all the new's PE, for those who failed never give up!

At least in WI, when your license is processed, you can go online and download a nice signed PDF copy of it. Even if you haven't received the physical copy yet. :thumbs:

See, MD is far better in comparison to NJ. I called yesterday and was rudely told that they are working on it with no timetable for when the letters will be mailed. and on top of that, we will be waiting 4- 6 months for the wall cert. Oh well, first world problems...

At least in WI, when your license is processed, you can go online and download a nice signed PDF copy of it. Even if you haven't received the physical copy yet. :thumbs:

Our situation in PA absolutely disgusts me right now. I wouldn't be surprised to receive my congratulations letter via telegraph FFS. We STILL haven't even received our pass notifications on NCEES.

But you passed right. Just sit tight. At this point it makes no difference now, tomorrow or in a few weeks. The system blows, and there's nothing we can do about it.

MA emails to pay for licensure through PCS were just sent out at 12:10PM EST. Now waiting for my number to be assigned.

Back