Failed October 2013 EIT/FE Exam with 69

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddykes_coogs

Reaction score
I failed the October EIT/FE with a 69. I'm thinking about having my test manually grade by NCEES for $75. Any suggestions?

I am sorry to hear that ddykes. What state are you from and is that a percentage you received or are you just summing up the total numbers of questions answered correctly in you diagnostic report given by NCEES? The morning problems are worth 1 pt and the topics go down to Thermodynamics in the diagnostic report. After these, all the remaining problems are from the afternoon section and are worth 2 pts. Make sure you are counting them correctly.

I'm from Texas and I received that score from the Texas Board of Professional Engineers. This will be my third time taking the test the first time I got a 68 and this last time a 69. I'm contemplating taking a prep. course either testmasters or school of PE.

So 114/240 is a 47.5% but they say that's a 69%? So the 69% must be the scaled score?

So your raw percentage is about 47.5%. I've seen people here failing with a 133 which is a raw percentage of approx 55% therefore nowadays I think you have to get above 56%. I think a person mentioned that in April 2012, the passing raw score was above 59%. But no one really knows what the cutoff raw score is but it is known that a passing score is a scaled 70%. I wish you the best! I just passed my exam after a few tries so keep your head up!

I would NOT spend the $75 on a manual rescore. In all likelihood, you did not answer enough questions to gain a passing score. AS of 1 Jan 14, the FE test has changed substantially. Now, the test is computer based and is focused only on the discipline that you are testing in. Go to NCEES.org and review the test specifications for your discipline. Then I would go to engineerintrainingexam.com and take all of the material that is on that site.

It is disappointing that you did not answer enough questions correctly to pass the examination, however, save your money, study harder-- do all of the problems and review all of the help on engineerintrainingexam.com. You will pass the next time.

With the new computer based testing, you can take the test up to 3 times within a 12 month period. However, I would study hard, take it one more time and be done with it. I would also plan on trying to get a 100% correct on the questions, if you then mismark a couple, you will still be OK.

Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
So your raw percentage is about 47.5%. I've seen people here failing with a 133 which is a raw percentage of approx 55% therefore nowadays I think you have to get above 56%. I think a person mentioned that in April 2012, the passing raw score was above 59%. But no one really knows what the cutoff raw score is but it is known that a passing score is a scaled 70%. I wish you the best! I just passed my exam after a few tries so keep your head up!

I was asking about coogs because they he said he got 114. I personally have not checked yet. Waiting until finals are over!

I was asking about coogs because he said he got 114. I personally have not checked yet. Waiting until finals are over!

Back