Failed FE October 2013

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got 118 out of 240...or a 49.2 %. How did you calcultate 114/240 to be a 69%

Oh ok. We were both close in passing. I will take this exam next year, maybe after I hear from people of how the cbt fe exam was. Im a bit worried about it.

I failed also with a 107/240 or 44.5%. Its pretty annoying, but its my first time taking it after being out of school for 7 years and studying on my own.

Take a review course. School of PE is awesome. It is worth it, especially if you've been out of school.

Thanks John Q. Will def look into school of PE. Iceman I have been out of school since 2007. It is pretty tough.

snarea,

I agree with John Q.

I just passed the EIT and I've been out of school since 2004. I took the School of PE online review class and found it helpful. I studied a lot before taking the class so it was more of a review and did not feel overwhelming. My studying also included several full length practice tests to help me get used to time management.

Good luck.

I took Testmasters Review course and I passed the first time back in 2011, I just studied for only two months and I was out of school for 16 years.

FWIW I banked on the Testmasters course I signed up for and didn't study very much previous to the start of the course. Mind you this course says it's meant to teach you as if you've been out of school for years. Anyway a week from the course they informed me that there wasn't enough people for my location (Philadelphia, huge city obviously) and I could take it in DC or Richmond Va. So I had to scramble on less than 2 months time. So keep that in mind if you used the in person Testmasters.

Still waiting for my results (Massachusetts) but I did the school of PE online review class (night session). I was pleased with the course.

Good luck ryno. Hope you passed. Definitely will look into one of these courses. Studying on my own didn't work for me. Hopefully next time I pass this test

4th time taking the test... Failed. How do you know what the curve is? Seriously at a loss

I've been out of school for 7yrs and passed on my first attempt! What worked really well for me was getting the testmasters notes and studying that. Couldn't afford the class so had to do what I had to do. I think testmasters teaches you how to pass not necessarily engineering. If you can afford the class I would STRONGLY recommend it. If not, try to get the notes like I did and study hard! I studied for 5months (first 4mo was using the FERM). Didn't actually understand any of the problems in the FERM until I got the testmasters notes. Anyway don't give up and have faith! "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews11:1

Still no word from PA yet, my scores have been 116, 121, and 119. I feel like I'm 5 questions or so off from the mark. Ugh, nervous waiting for the email. I think I'm going to pass out as I'm routing the site to see my result.

Back