New York is Released 12/5/13

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats. I also received word that I passed Mechanical - Thermal Fluid Systems in NY this morning. I'm flying high in the clouds right now, haha.

Congrats FullxCollapse.

I am a mechanical myself and considered that exam but I have been working for the last 9 years in Transpiration so it just seemed logical if I was gonna spend time studying I mind as well study something I could actually use.

When I looked at how few references people taking the mechanical exam had to take compared to me I was wondering if I made the right choice!

Happy you made the right choice.

As for me, I work in construction management and I utilize approximately 0% of my engineering knowledge in my current position. I chose based off of what I was best at in school. It's only been a few months more than four years since I graduated so I still retained some knowledge, surprisingly enough.

I feel your pain. All I do at my job is hold hands. Thankfully I do enough side work to get qualified to sit for the exam. OPSED was a real ball breaker since a good deal of my experience is in project management. While many employers may like that on resumes, all the State Board wants to hear about is what you calculated and what you designed. I guess I can see their point of view - but we live in a world where engineers are expected to do it all. They force the engineer to be, in addition to the designer, to be the manager, controller, accountant and leader.

It was a painful process taking three different submissions to finally get accepted and I am glad its over. Now they just need to give me my number so I can order my rubber stamp. :waiting:

Congrats again to you and everyone else who made it this time.

To those of you who didn't - it took me three attempts. First time I studied about 50 hours and missed it by just a few questions (53/80). Second time I didn't study at all and missed it by just a few questions (49/80). The difference between passing and failing (for me) was 250 hours of studying. If you take some time reading on this forum you will hear the same thing from quite a few people. There is just no easy way around it. Keep at it.

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
All true, Mike.

I'm lucky to have made it through my first time, but learning from other people's experiences gave me the edge. You need to go in knowing that you will need to dedicate large amounts of with your face in the books. Spend the money on all the practice problems you can get your hands on and work out problems until it gives you nightmares.

Congrats to everyone who is getting positive results this week.

-John

Passed PE - Mechanical - HVAC at the third attempt!

Can't describe the feeling right now - unbelievable relief more than anything!

Congratulations to everyone else that passed today and for anyone that didn't don't be discouraged, keep trying and you'll get there in the end. Remember - practice problems, practice problems, practice problems!

Anyone know how long it takes to NY to issue license numbers?

passed ME Machine Design....can't believe it....I got the monkey off my back. what a relief.....lol

Passed! what a joy!

To all didn't pass, keep trying never give up!

Good luck to you all!

Passed PE - Mechanical - HVAC at the third attempt!

Can't describe the feeling right now - unbelievable relief more than anything!

Congratulations to everyone else that passed today and for anyone that didn't don't be discouraged, keep trying and you'll get there in the end. Remember - practice problems, practice problems, practice problems!

Anyone know how long it takes to NY to issue license numbers?

It was more than a month for me but the last couple exams have been much faster. It could be before New Years.

Congrats to all who passed. For those who failed, don't give up, keep trying.

Back