Engineer Boards

​ ​ ​
Sign in to follow this  
blybrook PE

October 2013 Results RELEASED

Got word that the results are being posted...

for the Professional Liability Insurance Test that was given last month! Everyone passed! :):bananalama:

Edited by blybrook PE

YES! :PASSED2::party-smiley-048:

Edited by NJmike

Posted in NJ.

keep hitting F5

Edited by NJmike

Ah the old fake results thread. I was thinking of dropping one in myself, but it's already been done.

Hello everyone,

New to the forum here, but I have been reading for a while.

I’ve heard rumor that the states post your license information on their “lookup” search engine before releasing the results to the NCEES. Any truth to this, how long beforehand, and does California do this?

I'm not sure. However if I understand the process, the ncees grades the exams. Then they release the scores to the states to validate. That's probably when you might be able to first out on the states license lookup. So I said all of that to say maybe at best a few days in advance.

I'm not sure. However if I understand the process, the ncees grades the exams. Then they release the scores to the states to validate. That's probably when you might be able to first out on the states license lookup. So I said all of that to say maybe at best a few days in advance.

Does the NCEES handle the score adjustments (thorwing out of statistical outliers) and set the pass score threshold or is that at the descretion of the states?

Right. I think what he is referring to is the state's website listing those who have fulfilled the exam requirements.

There is a period of time between the states receiving the grades from the ncees and giving the ncees (or pcs) permission to notify the candidates, where some of the states websites would indicate a pass

Status should change from pending to active

Hello everyone,

New to the forum here, but I have been reading for a while.

I’ve heard rumor that the states post your license information on their “lookup” search engine before releasing the results to the NCEES. Any truth to this, how long beforehand, and does California do this?

Last exam I took/passed was was April 2011. The NCEES results were available to look at (but only if you were checking) on a Friday morning.... In other words, before the email notice came out. Then a few hours later, I got the actual email from NCEES telling me to log in. The California board had not yet posted their the new licenses yet. I did check. CA updates their database overnight. The next morning, while hungover from celebrating the night before, I logged in again to the CA database and it was there. :Banane35: :puke::mf_Flush::party-smiley-048:

According to this article: http://ncees.org/about-ncees/news/update-on-october-2012-exam-results/, last year, NCEES released the results to the states on Dec. 12. From what I've seen on this forum, the notification emails were sent on the same day. So all the rumors that you can find out if you passed from the state website are just rumors.

The only way to find out if you passed, before you get the email, is to keep checking the NCEES website. They have to post the results and make sure they are displayed correctly before they sent the notification emails. So you can probably find out if you passed a few hours before you get the email.

The only way to find out if you passed, before you get the email, is to keep checking the NCEES website. They have to post the results and make sure they are displayed correctly before they sent the notification emails. So you can probably find out if you passed a few hours before you get the email.

I'm pretty sure palvarez83 already said that?

Right. But each state has to give the ncees permission to notify the candidates. And in some cases, so of the states u time a third party company (PCS) to validate the scores, and notify the ncees that it is ok to post the scores and again contact the candidates. This slows the notification process by a few days. And then there are States where they still only notify via mail which delays things by weeks. So checking the states license page is beneficial in so cases.

^i found out through my state license look up before I got snail mail letter