Geotec results. Post past fail scores. And how did you think you did Oct 2013 exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like and hope I got a 60ish right buy you never know

How do you all feel

Post some past fail scores if you have them

Cheers
Ok my spelling sucked in the OG post

it should say:

I feel like and hope I got 60ish right but you never know.

How do you all feel?

Post some past fail scores if you have them.

Cheers!

I feel like I probably got around a 60 as well, I think on the morning I have atleast a 35 and the afternoon probably atleast 20 and hopefully 25+, There were about 7-8 that I completely guessed on in the Afternoon.

I got 51/80 last April, I definitely felt a lot better this time.

I guessed on 4 in the morning and 3-4 in the afternoon...mostly on the qualitative questions. Re worked the ones I could remember and know that I got at lest 2 of the 4 wrong in the morning. I have no idea on the afternoon. Took the October 2013 exam...guess we will see.

On another note, I didn't think that they gave out the number of questions you got right/wrong. If you pass, I heard they just say "Yay, you passed." and if you failed, they sent you a detailed description of where your weak points were compared to the rest of the people taking the exam...anyone want to elaborate?

I think that might depend on your state. My friend passed last year in Texas and though they didn't provide a diagnostic they did show her her score.. My husband passed in CA and all he received was a " Yea, you passed".

Last edited by a moderator:
On another note, I didn't think that they gave out the number of questions you got right/wrong. If you pass, I heard they just say "Yay, you passed." and if you failed, they sent you a detailed description of where your weak points were compared to the rest of the people taking the exam...anyone want to elaborate?

A friend of mine failed last time around, and in MA they give you a diagnostic if you fail with the number of correct/wrong questions for each part.

If you pass you just get a "you passed" type letter I believe

By seeing past fail scores you can pretty much get a handle on how many correct it takes to pass. Give or take a few points.

i took the oct '13 geotech and am also hopeful for ~60/80. this was my first time taking it, though i didn't go to school for geotech (or civil for that matter), so if i don't pass the first time i'm not gonna beat myself up too much for it!

here's hoping we don't have to wait much longer for those results...

Not many people on here from South Dakota but I can tell you what you receive for both passing and failing, in April I took the PE Civil (Geotech) and I received a regular sized envelope, inside was a letter stating I had failed and a diagnostic which showed a breakdown of each category of the exam (example Transporation with the number of questions correct out of total X of X along with a bar graph which showed the average right in that category for people that passed.

It was very helpful as it allowed me to know exactly what my score was (51/80) and also gave me a clear picture of what the average "passing score" was, it didn't provide me with the cut score but atleast a good idea of where I needed to be and which areas I did poorly on and needed to concentrate my study on.

I took the October exam and this time when the letter came in the mail it was a large Manilla Envelope, inside was a letter congratulating me on passing along with my PE Licensure Certificate and an instruction sheet on requirements for my stamp as well as continuos learning requiements.

So atleast for those folks that may take the test in SD, it's different for every state though.

Regular Envelope = Bad News You Failed

Manilla Envelope = You Passed!!

I am preparing to take the Geotechnical Engineering licensure exam (GE not PE) and have not found any sample exams to take in preparation or what resources are recommended. Can anyone who has taken the exam advise of where I could obtain sample exams or the best way to prepare?

Back