Application approval in DE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttf5003

Reaction score
Hi,

I submitted my PE application in Delaware last week towards the end of the Nov 1 cutoff. Now I am obsesively checking the website for status updates. Can anyone give me an idea of how long it takes for DE to work through the applications? Just trying to get an idea if it will be by Christmas or is March more realistic? Also debating a review course so if I'll get word in a few weeks I may hold off, but if it's not going to come until March I may as well sign up now.

Thanks,

Travis

Call them and ask them your question. They'll give you an estimate of the timeframe. In some states, there is a group that looks at applications, and they may only meet once per month for example.

Hi there!

I'm in California so I don't know how much help this will be, but I submitted my application mid October and received an acceptance postcard last week. In my case, it was a one month turnaround on notification.

Every state is different. Best to call the board. If you submitted close to the deadline it may take longer since there are likely more applications they have to review.

The same feel like Travis. I know it is never too early to study but I may not settle down perfectly to my desk before I know I am allowed to take the exam.

Wondering what is gonna happen with my application in OH...

Great discussion, though.

Just to update my thread about Delaware in case anyone is looking for info in the future. The advice to call them was great. I had to call them twice, once to get them to acknowledge they had my application and then once to actually have them reveiw it. Each time I called they were very polite and friendly but the woman always seemed to be like "Oh yea I see it here, huh" And then later that afternoon my status would magically change and I would move forward in the process. I had the distinct impression that if I hadn't called I wouldn't have been approved for Spring. I feel like because I applied later than most people I was outside the main batch of applications going through the process.

Back