Expedited Results through CBT

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WQEngineer

Reaction score
I am pretty sure this has been talked about here before, and Ric might have better insight, but with the computerized testing will there ever be a way to speed up the result process? Is it still expected 6 to 8 weeks? I know they probably do a bunch of statistics to see if certain questions should be thrown out or whatever if an absurd number of people miss the same one. And a cut score needs to be determined. I just feel like there should be a quicker way to get the notices of pass or fail. At least for the 8 hour we can find out online. I wish the BPLS would send an email along with the letter that let's us know pass or fail too, instead of having to track the mailman down when we know they are coming.

Sorry for rambling, just took the Surveying exam yesterday and it's the only one I have left.

adamtforbes, when California began the CBT administration, a goal was set to release state results within 45 days following the last administration date. For the most part that's been accomplished with the results from last April even closer with a 30 day timeframe. We are still operating under these same goals today.

adamtforbes, when California began the CBT administration, a goal was set to release state results within 45 days following the last administration date. For the most part that's been accomplished with the results from last April even closer with a 30 day timeframe. We are still operating under these same goals today.

CAPLS, Is there any way that the board would ever notify us through email or an online check in page as opposed to just snail mail? The couple days in between reading "results released" and flagging down the mail man are brutal!

Unless they are doing that this round, hopefully it doesn't apply to me because I don't want to have to take Surveying again :)

You can always look yourself up in the license lookup -- if I recall, I saw that I was registered there a few days before I got my physical letters in the mail.

(My apologies to whoever runs that server.... :D )

Lo

adamtforbes,

Releasing the results by anything other than a letter in the US Mail is dependent upon our applicant database system as we do not currently and consistently store email addresses in that system. Good news is that the entire Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) in collaboration with the Boards is in the process of implementing a new system that is not based on decades old architecture. The first phase boards are already up and running on it (so this technological advance is actually working unlike some other state systems) without many issues. Bad news is that BPELSG is scheduled for the third and final phase due to our unique licensing requirements which is at least a year or more out. While it may not directly help you it is anticipated that applicants will logon, create a profile, and manage their application process (and later their license renewal) through that system.

Believe me, we are right with you and wish we could send the results in electronic fashion rather than producing thousands of letters / diagnostics and stuffing envelopes. Staff has automated has much as they can without the constraints of the system.

adamtforbes,

Releasing the results by anything other than a letter in the US Mail is dependent upon our applicant database system as we do not currently and consistently store email addresses in that system. Good news is that the entire Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) in collaboration with the Boards is in the process of implementing a new system that is not based on decades old architecture. The first phase boards are already up and running on it (so this technological advance is actually working unlike some other state systems) without many issues. Bad news is that BPELSG is scheduled for the third and final phase due to our unique licensing requirements which is at least a year or more out. While it may not directly help you it is anticipated that applicants will logon, create a profile, and manage their application process (and later their license renewal) through that system.

Believe me, we are right with you and wish we could send the results in electronic fashion rather than producing thousands of letters / diagnostics and stuffing envelopes. Staff has automated has much as they can without the constraints of the system.

With the Thanksgiving holiday coming up this month, do you think we are still looking more closer to the 30 days than the 45? :)

CAPLS,

It looks like the agenda for the next board meeting on December 5th shows that the board will be going over the results from the October exams. How soon after that can we likely expect the results to be released?

Release of the results is not dependent upon a board meeting. We are just starting to receive data from NCEES and Prometric and hope to start releasing by end of this week, most likely beginning with the FE/FS. The PE/PS results must be uploaded and confirmed prior to release.

Release of the results is not dependent upon a board meeting. We are just starting to receive data from NCEES and Prometric and hope to start releasing by end of this week, most likely beginning with the FE/FS. The PE/PS results must be uploaded and confirmed prior to release.
Looks like the end of the week was really "today!" :)

Hopefully all the Prometric stuff came in and looks good enough to pass on and mail out to everyone too! Thanks for the updates CAPLS!

It looks that "License Lookup" was last updated on Dec 5. Don't see my name there yet. :juggle:

It looks that "License Lookup" was last updated on Dec 5. Don't see my name there yet. :juggle:
It's been said before that that lookup is updated almost every weekday. But that doesn't necessarily mean that the Civil data has been put in. Like they input the data and then once a day it "updates" with whatever was in there at that time. If it is put in later that day, it will flash update during the next time... Don't know if that makes sense, or if it is totally correct, but that's what I think I remember seeing on here before.

Also, the last License imported on that lookup was 81684... So as soon as 81685 shows up, you'll know it was actually updated

It's been said before that that lookup is updated almost every weekday. But that doesn't necessarily mean that the Civil data has been put in. Like they input the data and then once a day it "updates" with whatever was in there at that time. If it is put in later that day, it will flash update during the next time... Don't know if that makes sense, or if it is totally correct, but that's what I think I remember seeing on here before.

It makes sense somehow. But, is it possible that results to be mailed out, Lookup database being updated and not see my name there for (of course if did not fail the exams)? I think results are not being sent out yet.

Yeah, usually the database isn't updated until a few days after results are mailed out. At least that's how it has been the two times i've attempted the test so far. Passed 8 hour first try, seismic next, hoping surveying this time. So far i've been able to pass the "main" one i've been studying for each time. But surveying is so fast!

How long did it take CA to issue seismic and survey results last April following NCEES release ?

My NCEES letter was dated 5-23-13 and CA letters were dated 5-22-13. I received the NCEES letter first on the 24th or 25th and the CA letters 2 days later.

still waiting for the Seismic and survey exam results Oct 2013.

has it been mailed out yet?

No.

NCEES released PE results. But the seismic and survey results will be released by the CA Board.

Back