Post Failing PE Cut Scores for April 2013 Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dneva

Reaction score
This topic always has alot of controversy attached to it. Some people say do not bother, but others just want to know. Just for kicks and gauging purposed while everyone is waiting for their results, post your previous results if you have previously taken any of the PE Exams.

Mechanical/HVAC 38/80 FAIL and proud of it.

Got back up from the floor, dusted myself of, and got back on the bull.

38 is probably his favorite number. The incredible coincidence that his score coincided with his fav number trumps the fact that he failed miserably.

oh-snap.jpg

You guys have no idea why I am taking this PE, just for personal gain. An for your info I already have my PE Civil Engineering License from the State of California. I got a 38 with 0 hours of study. Why 0 hours, more important things to deal with in my life and decided to sit in instead of cancelling. Failed Miserably? I can guarantee you this will not happen this time around, I actually found time to study this time around and had time left over to have a life. You guys need to find yourselves and get a life.

You guys have no idea why I am taking this PE, just for personal gain. An for your info I already have my PE Civil Engineering License from the State of California. I got a 38 with 0 hours of study. Why 0 hours, more important things to deal with in my life and decided to sit in instead of cancelling. Failed Miserably? I can guarantee you this will not happen this time around, I actually found time to study this time around and had time left over to have a life. You guys need to find yourselves and get a life.
I'm in a similar boat, pursuing multiple licenses for personal gain (not the failing part). Looks like you too need to "get a life." At least that is what all my friends and coworkers try to tell me...

On a serious note: Why take the HVAC depth? Thermofluids has way more overlap with Civil (Water Resources). In fact both reference manuals from Lindberg are almost identical in these subjects...

wambulance1.jpeg

wow take a chill pill. You will need a much thicker skin to be able to handle the crowd around here. They like to push buttons and they found yours right quick.

On this board you sometimes do not know if one is joking. I'll relax thou. Palvarez83, you are correct, I choose to take the Thermo&Fluids this time around. Last time a friend who works in HVAC convinced me on taking this depth. Big mistake. Thanks for the advice.

On this board you sometimes do not know if one is joking. I'll relax thou. Palvarez83, you are correct, I choose to take the Thermo&Fluids this time around. Last time a friend who works in HVAC convinced me on taking this depth. Big mistake. Thanks for the advice.
Good luck. That's cool you are going for multi discipline licenses. May I ask though, why would you take a test without studying?

A. You have to sacrifice an entire friday and miss work.

B. It costs a few hundred dollars.

Were you expecting to pass a test that you have no experience in and did not study? Why not just buy an NCEES practice guide and do that?

A. Since I paid a few months back and had the day off from work, decided to sit in and get a gauge the type of questions on the exam.

B. It really did not cost more, since I took the time off to concentrate on work and interviews, which by the way, paid off.

As for no experience, in the past I worked as a Mechanical Engineer designing tooling and sporting good equipment.

A. Since I paid a few months back and had the day off from work, decided to sit in and get a gauge the type of questions on the exam.

B. It really did not cost more, since I took the time off to concentrate on work and interviews, which by the way, paid off.

As for no experience, in the past I worked as a Mechanical Engineer designing tooling and sporting good equipment.
I would have gone to the beach on a Friday off from work.

Does that Mass change do to live and dead loads or the melting of snow and glaciers due to global warming?

Back