So who is ready for Friday?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJmike PE

Game Czar
Reaction score
Third time taking the exam. Been solving nothing but NCEES problems and the green Goswami book. I think I have done about 300 problems thus far. Anyone else?

First time taking it. I feel pretty good about it.... Been putting a lot of study time into it over the past few months. Although I did the NCEES exam yesterday and got a 57/80. I had felt better about it.

But I hear the MD depth is harder and generally has lower scores than the other depths. Maybe not harder, but it covers a lot of unfamiliar territory to most who take it.

First time taking it and I just want to get it done and over with. I've been studying non-stop since July and I'm exhausted. I took the MGI review course for the Power exam so I am hoping it was worth it. I too took the NCEES practice exam and did poor the first time. I tried it a few more times and did better so hopefully that is a confidence builder.

I was looking at my state's board website and saw the app deadline for April's exam is 12/13 so I'm hoping that means our results will be in late November. I also noticed they bumped the exam fee so I really hope I pass the first time ($265 to $350).

I was looking at my state's board website and saw the app deadline for April's exam is 12/13 so I'm hoping that means our results will be in late November.
That's wishful thinking considering NCEES claims 8 weeks from exam date until PE results are released. And is pretty consistent based on the last 2 cycles of exam results. See below.

October 2012 Results

April 2013 Results

And a fancy animated one

Repeat takers also have a different deadline than first-time takers.

Last edited by a moderator:
$350??? is that nation wide, or locally in Ohio? I have been paying $270. $350 blows

I think it is based on your state but the Ohio website shows for the upcoming 2014 exams.

NCEES Registration Fees
NCEES registration fees may be subject to change. Contact NCEES Exam Administration Services for current fees.

• $350.00 PE
  • $510.00 PE Structural Vertical Forces FRIDAY
  • $510.00 PE Structural Lateral Forces SATURDAY
  • $300.00 Religious accommodation

Taking power Exam in Ga for the first time, and I have been studying for 6 months. Ready for a break!! :beat:

Third time here.

This time i put together a schedule and started in July. I reviewed every section covered under the exam specifications and then just worked problem after problem. I dont know how many problems i've worked but enough to fill up 3 months of nothing but practice problems.

I also spent a lot more time reviewing and using my design standards and familiarizing myself with them.

i am more confident then ever before...but i am also more anxious then before. I guess cause it is the 3rd time and everything rides on this one. In North Carolina, if you fail it 3 times, you have to go before the state board for review and wait a year before you can take it again.

Wow. That's me to a t packman. I read the entire CERM cover to cover starting in june. Then began to work practice problems in July until yesterday. Working a practice exam tonight and tomorrow night and thats it. I feel good but scared that its a false sense of security.

Can't wait for this to be over!... Been at it for 6 months straight too. Hopefully it's a one time deal for me because I think I'll lose my mind if I don't make it ...not to mention lose my wife :0

I have been extremely lucky with a very patient and understanding wife and kids.

I'm done studying...my head is too full now. I worked another practice exam this past Saturday. Just reviewing specs and standards, and checking all of my tabs to make sure I haven't missed anything. I did read through a different sample exam today, just making sure I could answer each question and/or know where to find it.

Ready to get it done!

I have been studying 4 to 5 nights a week since June for about 2-3 hours a night. The studying is done for me too. I just did a practice exam this evening. One more tomorrow night and then over. I actually feel relieved that im done studying. Strange...

Good luck test takers. Can't believe this will be my 2 yr anniversary since taking (and passing) the PE exam.

My advice.. breathe, and try not to over-think the problems. There will always be a few tricky ones but don't let them hang you up.. just keep moving on.

1st time taker here in WA (HVAC). Been averaging 20 hours a week studying since the beginning of August (along with working full time too), so I'm ready to be done. There are days when I'm feeling really confident, and others where I'm not.

Good luck to everyone else!

Back