Signs of Senility

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cement

gray haired dude
Reaction score
So I'm old enought to be your uncle for many of you, but here are a few signs of the enevitable I have noticed lately:

- After the 20 minute drive back from the jobsite I see that the blinky light on the work vehicle is still flashing by the reflection in my office window

- Driving home I find the open windows are just not cooling things off. I notice the heat is still on form the morning drive in when I go to turn on the AC.

- My collection of pens that I leave in my pocket is looking like a pyramid on the dresser

- I often show up for meetings at downtown HQ 5 minutes and one day early.

- trying to use the work logon on the home computer, when all I needed to do was move the mouse

So I'm old enought to be your uncle for many of you, but here are a few signs of the enevitable I have noticed lately:
- After the 20 minute drive back from the jobsite I see that the blinky light on the work vehicle is still flashing by the reflection in my office window

- Driving home I find the open windows are just not cooling things off. I notice the heat is still on form the morning drive in when I go to turn on the AC.

- My collection of pens that I leave in my pocket is looking like a pyramid on the dresser

You're ok until you start calling the office from home to leave yourself messages so you don't forget!

You're ok until you start calling the office from home to leave yourself messages so you don't forget!
HAHAHA...I do that for stuff I absolutely, positively have to purchase the next day. I'll see the red light on the phone indicating a message, mumble a curse under my breath, then check it. You don't know the relief hearing "33 gallon trash bags" instead of "Worley, you're an idiot..."

Dude, that's not senility, it just sounds like you've just been partaking in the favorite Colorado pastime!

^^ I have been doing that since I was in my twenties

Me too, if you count sending emails from work to home and vice versa.

Dude, that's not senility, it just sounds like you've just been partaking in the favorite Colorado pastime!

>^^ I have been doing that since I was in my twenties

Me too, if you count sending emails from work to home and vice versa.

that too, but it really is funny to get to work and here myself say- hey it's your past self, future self remember to do this

Future_Dwight_T_shirt_Idea_by_RavenPiobaire.jpg

I have done all of these. It appears working for a DOT causes some kind of brain malfunction...

...or at least that's what the public keeps trying to tell me.

Back