NFL FOOTBALL 2013

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knight1fox3

Jedi MASTER & Friend of Capt. Solo
Reaction score
The Pack takes on the Cardinals tonight at 7pm.

And I don't care if it's only pre-season. It's something to watch other than baseball and all the PED hype lately. #FOOTBALLISBACK

:woot:

I watched the preseason games last night as well as the HOF game last week. I'm probably not watching any more games until the regular season, watching back-ups vs 3rd string is worse than watching golf on TV...

On the flip side, it's also an opportunity to see which new acquisitions are worth a ****. Another good thing about pre-season is the games aren't always on stupid Sundays. So you can hit the bar to watch the game and not have to worry about work in the morning. :thumbs:

^how can you tell if they are worth a dam if they are playing the 3rd line or backup players?
Because they are playing to earn a spot on the roster before the final cut. You can tell which players are giving it their best and which ones are taking it easy. At least IMO. As I said above, it's still football. And football > baseball in my book. :D

The only good thing I take away from preseason football games is identifying which players are worth using a 13th round "sleeper" fantasy football draft pick on.

The preseason is a chance for me to learn the names of the Patriots receiving corps. I'm just glad their division totally sucks. Also, this is as good an excuse to post this as any.

sanchez1_419801.jpg

Since I am moving falcons will probably go to SB

Lord I can't stand Ellway either.....or Peyton....

Argh....

We have a common enemy!

I hope the whole team gets a collective case of jock itch.

I get stuck with the Vikings as my 'local' team, assuming a team 9 hours away is local.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sick of all the quarterback controversy stories in Tampa this year. Every time I see an article about the Bucs they pull in the quarterback thing even though I all of the organization has said Freeman is the starter. Freeman has been decent, some ups and down, but overall better than a first year 3rd round pick who could have easily been picked up in the 4th or 5th I think. I don't really know why everyone thinks he is one bad game from being replaced, I think he can be pretty good this year if they can get him not to take so many shots down field.

I thought freeman played pretty strong last year.. I don't know who is the number 2 candidate down there though?

Probably jut news folk trying to generate advertising...

Tampa has a team?
Aren't you the big Patriots fan? I'd think you would've seen Brady make our first team look stupid last Friday night.

They have 2 QB's?
We have 3 QBs thank you. Granted one is Orvolsky who is a career backup and the other is Mike Glennon who we drafted this year. That is who everyone thinks is making a controversy because he has looked decent against the third stringers this preseason.

STEELERS are working on that 8-8 record from last year. Woohoo. Another ho-hum year, I won't be able to take it.

Especially with WVU and PSU not expecting to be anything either, this may be a long football season for me.

But hopefully they prove me wrong.

Back