PE (Power) books for sale

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

power62

Reaction score
Since I passed my PE exam recently I am selling some of my references/books. All of them are in brand new condition (with no marks or highlighting).

1. PE (electrical) by Chelapati Vol. 1 3rd Edition: $60 (SOLD)

2. PPI Power Practice Problems: $40 (same book selling at Amazon or PPI for about $75). (SOLD)

3. 2011 NEC Codebook (paperback): $50

4. Spin Up PE Power Sample Exams : $50 (SOLD)

5. Complex Imaginary Sample Exams (Volumes 3 & 4): $30 (SOLD)

Lots of other reference material on different NCEES specified subjects including my own cheat sheets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Codebook includes all the NEC codes (regulations). Typically sells for about $80-90.

Handbooks contains all the NEC codes as well as expert commentary or explanation of the code regulations. Typically sells for about $150-170.

What version of the complex imaginary books are you selling? I believe there are Versions 1 2 and 3?

Codebook includes all the NEC codes (regulations). Typically sells for about $80-90.

Handbooks contains all the NEC codes as well as expert commentary or explanation of the code regulations. Typically sells for about $150-170.
So, how it compared when taking the test? I am familiar with NEC code enough but not that much

You do not need to know NEC inside out for the test. You should be familiar with main aspects (ampacity tables, voltage drop, grounding, breaker sizing etc) and should know where to look for the information. Handbook has colored graphics/explanation etc, hardcover/bulky while code is paperback. I could not tell which one is better.

Back