April 2013 HVAC Cut Score

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

me086

Reaction score
I'm still waiting on Wisconsin results; figure I might as well start a thread to help pass the time. If you failed the HVAC April 2013 exam please post your score. Thanks

While this isn't probably what you want to hear, don't worry about the cut score. If you study and shoot for the cut score you will fail the test.

I know since we are all engineers and we like to be in control, it is hard to let control go, but focusing on the cut score will lead you to nothing but trouble.

I was shooting for 100%, and I'm not too worried about failing. Just curious about where the cut-off was.

While this isn't probably what you want to hear, don't worry about the cut score. If you study and shoot for the cut score you will fail the test. I know since we are all engineers and we like to be in control, it is hard to let control go, but focusing on the cut score will lead you to nothing but trouble.

I've never understood why this is the prevailing view in this forum considering that we are all engineers. Shouldn't we be trying to optimize the amount of time that we are going to use studying for this test? I know some people that have spent ~400 hours studying for this test(and passed of course), but to me that seems like a waste of time.

The fact that someone wants to know what is the cut score, does not necessarily mean that they are going to "shoot for the cut score".

Back