PCS states - CT, MD, MA, NJ, PA, PR, VA, WI - any results yet?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what makes you think that these states are handled by the PCS? Previously, (Oct. '12 exam) NJ was handled by the NCEES.

Last edited by a moderator:
what makes you think that these states are handled by the PCS? Previously, (Oct. '12 exam) NJ was handled by the NCEES.
https://www.pcshq.com/?page=engineeringandrelatedfields
well that certainly sucks.
Sorry!

(I wasn't trying to step on your NJ thread - just wanting to hear if *anyone* had gotten anything out of PCS yet)
no worries friend. we all want the same thing as long as we get it, who cares how we get it.

besides, I was under the impression that NCEES was handling NJ because I was notified by them after the october exam.

Sorry - I wish you were getting your good new from NCEES and not PCS.

it does keep you twice as busy, hitting F5 on your PCShq page, going to your NCEES page hitting F5. repeat until F5 key wears out.

Maybe PCS needs a little competition - why wouldn't the states just let NCEES handle it?

It must be cheaper to let PCS handle paperwork - everything comes down to cost at the end of the day

New Jersey exam registration
Note: the information on this page has been updated as of December 2012, with information provided by PCS, the New Jersey board’s testing services provider. New Jersey no longer offers the Structural Engineering exams (SE).

How do I register?
All first-time applicants must submit an application directly to the New Jersey board for eligibility determination. Applications must be received by the board’s application deadline, which can be found on the board’s website. After you have received approval from the board, you may schedule for an exam with PCS. Visit the PCS website for more information.

Each time you plan to sit for an exam, you must do the following:

1. Register online with NCEES (deadline: September 5, 2013) to obtain your NCEES ID number and to select your exam and site.
  2. Schedule the exam with PCS. Pay the exam fee to PCS by the PCS scheduling deadline.
Exam type, discipline, module, and/or site cannot be changed after the NCEES registration deadline. PCS cannot make any exceptions.

Exam authorization
NCEES will email you 2–3 weeks before the exam with a link to download and print your exam authorization notice. Read it carefully. You will be required to present this document along with a valid, government-issued photo ID upon arrival at the exam site. Your exam authorization notice will include the exam location, start time, seat assignment, and any parking information.

Results
When results have been released (typically 8–10 weeks after the exam) and validated, NCEES will send an email informing you that your result can be accessed through your My NCEES account. PCS will notify you via USPS of any state-specific exam results.

NJMike - I mentioned the pcs website, because coworkers here in wisconsin saw their results on there faster.

*Big disclaimer: that I have no idea how results will actually come out - just waiting like everyone else.

I got impatient and called the 877 number for PCS. The lady on the line said (fairly indignantly) that wisconsin results will come out next week sometime.

Thanks, that's very helpful lady.

Also funny, the automated switch boards says press 1 to make a payment, press 2 for score information.

When you press 2 it tells you "that number is not valid."

(had to go with the "all other calls" option)

Edited to add:

Good luck NJ - I hope you are getting your results thru NCEES faster!

Last edited by a moderator:
NJMike - I mentioned the pcs website, because coworkers here in wisconsin saw their results on there faster.

*Big disclaimer: that I have no idea how results will actually come out - just waiting like everyone else.

I got impatient and called the 877 number for PCS. The lady on the line said (fairly indignantly) that wisconsin results will come out next week sometime.

Thanks, that's very helpful lady.

Also funny, the automated switch boards says press 1 to make a payment, press 2 for score information.

When you press 2 it tells you "that number is not valid."

(had to go with the "all other calls" option)

Edited to add:

Good luck NJ - I hope you are getting your results thru NCEES faster!
all good and thanks. I was just looking around and found that so I thought I would add it to the conversation.

PA, I believe that is a canned answer, I know last year someone was told it would be a few days or a week and they got results that afternoon...they don't want to give a short time period and not hit it...then folks will be calling and bugging them more than they are now...

Back