PCS states - CT, MD, MA, NJ, PA, PR, VA, WI - any results yet? - APR 2013 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Sign in to follow this  
pabelong PE

PCS states - CT, MD, MA, NJ, PA, PR, VA, WI - any results yet?

Professional Credential Services administers the PE paperwork for these states.

Has anyone seen results, yet?

what makes you think that these states are handled by the PCS? Previously, (Oct. '12 exam) NJ was handled by the NCEES.

what makes you think that these states are handled by the PCS? Previously, (Oct. '12 exam) NJ was handled by the NCEES.

https://www.pcshq.com/?page=engineeringandrelatedfields

Edited to add:

I have no idea how every state on this list will be releasing results.

I'm in Wisconsin, and PCS releases them here.

I don't know how and when they will be released - that's why I'm asking ;)

Edited by pabelong

well that certainly sucks.

Sorry!

(I wasn't trying to step on your NJ thread - just wanting to hear if *anyone* had gotten anything out of PCS yet)

well that certainly sucks.

Sorry!

(I wasn't trying to step on your NJ thread - just wanting to hear if *anyone* had gotten anything out of PCS yet)

no worries friend. we all want the same thing as long as we get it, who cares how we get it.

besides, I was under the impression that NCEES was handling NJ because I was notified by them after the october exam.

Sorry - I wish you were getting your good new from NCEES and not PCS.

it does keep you twice as busy, hitting F5 on your PCShq page, going to your NCEES page hitting F5. repeat until F5 key wears out.

What is pcshq?

The person answering the vaeng@pcshq.com email told me yesterday: "Hopefully next week sometime"

As my boss likes to say, "HOPE is not a plan!"

Engineers like defined schedules...

• Like 1

Maybe PCS needs a little competition - why wouldn't the states just let NCEES handle it?

It must be cheaper to let PCS handle paperwork - everything comes down to cost at the end of the day

New Jersey exam registration

Note: the information on this page has been updated as of December 2012, with information provided by PCS, the New Jersey board’s testing services provider. New Jersey no longer offers the Structural Engineering exams (SE).

How do I register?

All first-time applicants must submit an application directly to the New Jersey board for eligibility determination. Applications must be received by the board’s application deadline, which can be found on the board’s website. After you have received approval from the board, you may schedule for an exam with PCS. Visit the PCS website for more information.

Each time you plan to sit for an exam, you must do the following:

1. Register online with NCEES (deadline: September 5, 2013) to obtain your NCEES ID number and to select your exam and site.
  2. Schedule the exam with PCS. Pay the exam fee to PCS by the PCS scheduling deadline.

Exam type, discipline, module, and/or site cannot be changed after the NCEES registration deadline. PCS cannot make any exceptions.

Exam authorization

NCEES will email you 2–3 weeks before the exam with a link to download and print your exam authorization notice. Read it carefully. You will be required to present this document along with a valid, government-issued photo ID upon arrival at the exam site. Your exam authorization notice will include the exam location, start time, seat assignment, and any parking information.

Results

When results have been released (typically 8–10 weeks after the exam) and validated, NCEES will send an email informing you that your result can be accessed through your My NCEES account. PCS will notify you via USPS of any state-specific exam results.

NJMike - I mentioned the pcs website, because coworkers here in wisconsin saw their results on there faster.

*Big disclaimer: that I have no idea how results will actually come out - just waiting like everyone else.

I got impatient and called the 877 number for PCS. The lady on the line said (fairly indignantly) that wisconsin results will come out next week sometime.

Thanks, that's very helpful lady.

Also funny, the automated switch boards says press 1 to make a payment, press 2 for score information.

When you press 2 it tells you "that number is not valid."

(had to go with the "all other calls" option)

Edited to add:

Good luck NJ - I hope you are getting your results thru NCEES faster!

Edited by pabelong

NJMike - I mentioned the pcs website, because coworkers here in wisconsin saw their results on there faster.

*Big disclaimer: that I have no idea how results will actually come out - just waiting like everyone else.

I got impatient and called the 877 number for PCS. The lady on the line said (fairly indignantly) that wisconsin results will come out next week sometime.

Thanks, that's very helpful lady.

Also funny, the automated switch boards says press 1 to make a payment, press 2 for score information.

When you press 2 it tells you "that number is not valid."

(had to go with the "all other calls" option)

Edited to add:

Good luck NJ - I hope you are getting your results thru NCEES faster!

all good and thanks. I was just looking around and found that so I thought I would add it to the conversation.

PA, I believe that is a canned answer, I know last year someone was told it would be a few days or a week and they got results that afternoon...they don't want to give a short time period and not hit it...then folks will be calling and bugging them more than they are now...

PA, at least in the past, has always been the last PCS state to get their results, too.... From what I have read last April it took 14 days from the first state, and during the October exam it took 27 days after the first state.... In all honesty, I should just ignore this site and not refresh anything until i get an email in June... But, I keep holding onto that thread of hope that PA got their act together this year...

In all honesty, I should just ignore this site and not refresh anything until i get an email in June... But, I keep holding onto that thread of hope that PA got their act together this year...

Bahaha... I feel 100% the same exact way... Knowing that about half of the country has their results released and you still could have another month to wait should be classified as cruel and unusual punishment.

If you live in PA you have a long wait ahead of you so TRY to enjoy the Holiday. In December 2012, we got our results about a month after NCEES released them to the states. It was awful.

If you live in PA you have a long wait ahead of you so TRY to enjoy the Holiday. In December 2012, we got our results about a month after NCEES released them to the states. It was awful.

Have they ever given any excuse as to why they take so long compared to every other state?

Sign in to follow this