Waiting for results from Virginia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim1981

Reaction score
Question 1: NCEES released the results, that means the tests are graded, right? What exactly are we waiting for the state board to do?

Question 2: Since the tests are graded, that means the results should come soon, right? This talk of "wait until mid-June" does not apply this year, right?

Question 3: What is the VA policy on releasing the results? Will I get an email immediately? Will it show up on the NCEES website, the PCS website, or the DPOR website?

Question 4: Did I pass or not?!?!

Question 1: NCEES released the results, that means the tests are graded, right? What exactly are we waiting for the state board to do?

Question 2: Since the tests are graded, that means the results should come soon, right? This talk of "wait until mid-June" does not apply this year, right?

Question 3: What is the VA policy on releasing the results? Will I get an email immediately? Will it show up on the NCEES website, the PCS website, or the DPOR website?

If you go look on the ncees site under your state, it tells you about your results by state. Go to the exam section and then select your state from the drop down list and it's at the bottom of the page.

So yes, the tests are graded, but some states have to "validate" the results (don't know what that means). Some states also have a third party tester (VA-PCS?). They may have to do something as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

If you go look on the ncees site under your state, it tells you about your results by state. Go to the exam section and then select your state from the drop down list and it's at the bottom of the page.

So yes, the tests are graded, but some states have to "validate" the results (don't know what that means). Some states also have a third party tester (VA-PCS?). They may have to do something as well.

Thanks for the reply.I followed your navigation instructions (NCEES -->Exams --> Select state) and got this:

http://ncees.org/exams/state-pages/virginia-exam-registration/

Under "results" it says:

"NCEES will send an email informing you that your result can be accessed through your My NCEES account"

I log into My NCEES and it says:

PE - Mechanical - HVAC and Refrigeration

04/2013

Fairfax area - Fairfax, VA

Exam results/diagnostics not yet available

I assume this will change when they release the results?

Thanks for the reply.I followed your navigation instructions (NCEES -->Exams --> Select state) and got this:

Under "results" it says:

"NCEES will send an email informing you that your result can be accessed through your My NCEES account"

PE - Mechanical - HVAC and Refrigeration 04/2013 Fairfax area - Fairfax, VA

It says when results are released and validated. That may mean the board has to approve them or PCS has to do something to them.

Under "results" it says:

PE - Mechanical - HVAC and Refrigeration 04/2013 Fairfax area - Fairfax, VA

It says when results are released and validated. That may mean the board has to approve them or PCS has to do something to them.

Have you taken it yet? In VA or another state?

Yes, you will get an email. It showed up maybe a few minutes before I got the email on both PCS and NCEES. It took VA awhile laster year, think it was like 4-5 days after the first results came out. Hopefully they are getting better but don't think they have too many people working at VADOPR. Don't give up at the end of the day either because mine showed up around 7pm. Good luck!

How long does it take for VADPOR to issue a license no after the PE result?

I got mine in couple of days or so. Results were released on Thursday last of week (5/30/13). When I checked online on the weekend mine license number was there. I have not received the paper copy yet.

did you do online search in VADAPOR (license lookup/search)?

Mine PCS site also does not show it. I do not care about PCS site. As long as you got email from NCEES and got "Pass" results you should be fine.

I received my VA new stamp today. But, I noticed that they didn't put my entire license number on it. Is that an error or that is the way it should be?

peman, from where did you order it?

I think first 4 digits (0402) are common or generic.

My name and PE number are up on the DPOR engineer database, and I received my certificate in the mail on Saturday. The PCS website looks the same for me. It only has application information, no results.

I don't think the PCS website should matter to you anymore. Be happy you passed. Congrats

I checked with DPOR board today and I was amazed and shocked the way they handle this matter,

Last year when I applied for the exam, they asked me to take the exam on the Virginia board's regulations and relevant statutes, I filled it and submitted to them in last August, after that only they approved me for the exam.

And now after passing the exam when I asked why I don't see my name in license look up feture on their web-site, their representative told me that I haven't submitted the regulation exam.

Fortunately I had the record of all these conversation from last year so I gave them back all the infomation and now the representative replied that she will go through it again and will issue a license if she gets the time this afternoon.

Simply unbelievable.

I received the wall certificate over this weekend. Certificate is not impressive and on a cheap paper.

Back