PE RESULTS - APR 2013 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Sign in to follow this  
eng01

PE RESULTS

Congrats to all who passed. Nothing from NJ yet, nothing on NCEES website too..

Have been released by NCEES.

I went to NCEES website, but no results were posted

By the way I took the test in Florida

Have been released by NCEES.

I went to NCEES website, but no results were posted

By the way I took the test in Florida

Looks like you have to wait for Florida to do something first before ncees can release to you. From the ncees website:

Results

When results have been released to the Florida board (typically 8–10 weeks after the exam) and validated, NCEES will send an email informing you that your result can be accessed through your My NCEES account.

it is the end of the day for many state workers. I guess we will have to wait until tomorrow morning.

Florida results are usually on the second or third day of releases. So most likely tomorrow or Friday.

Arkansas has been released...no joy...I'll hammer it next time...

my score averaged out to a 61%

Ohio released today. Passed in Transportation!!! Tried a couple of times with young kids. I took a review course. It was so helpful since it forced me to go to classes and study. I PASSED.

Michigan Results are out.

Passed PE - Electrical - Power

kaydee253,

Any suggestions on study habits or review courses? This is kicking my tail. I have been out of school for a number of years, have a new baby and just changed jobs...all excuses, but makes it difficult to study...

Anyone?

NWARLZ sounds like you were close, sorry you didn't make it...pm me and I'll try and give ya some pointers if ya want

Michigan Results are out.

Passed PE - Electrical - Power

kaydee253,

Any suggestions on study habits or review courses? This is kicking my tail. I have been out of school for a number of years, have a new baby and just changed jobs...all excuses, but makes it difficult to study...

Anyone?

My best suggestion is take Testmasters review course, you will see the difference!

kaydee253-- OK, you need to take a prep course. The NSPE web site states that an individual that has been out of school for some time will do better with a prep course. I don't have one to recommend, I see that there are some recommended ones on this thread.

You really need to dedicate the time to this, irrespective of a new baby or new job. I am serious-- I know, theoretically, how tough it is with both, however, this task is doable-- tough, but doable. You may need to get some help from spouse/family members regarding the new baby and its maintenance. Probably need to devote about 25 hours a week to this task. OK, sounds tough--- well, perhaps, however, you only need to do it one more time and it will be done. Perhaps getting a maid to help clean the house 1X a week will help. Maybe your boss will give you a couple hours a week at work to hit this hard.

Go to NCEES web site and review, really review the test specifications. Make sure that you understand each section of the test specifications and you understand the sub elements under each specification. You may need to get some more books to help you through this. Recall, what is being tested for is the "minimally competent" engineer-- the C- student. The test is designed to be completed in 6 minutes per problem. Some questions can be answered by inspection, provided you know the material. Other questions might take 10-12 minutes to solve-- however, each question, on the average, is designed to be completed in 6 minutes.

There is a thread on here about members with babies. That might give you some more information. We never had children, so, note, I stated, categorically above, theoretically!!!

Don't give up-- this is perfectly doable and you will be a success! However, a good review course in your discipline and working 10000's of problems will be of benefit. You should be able to look at the question and know what they are asking. IF you are not able to do that, then you will need to work until such time that you are able, by inspection, to answer the question.

Good Luck.

Agreed. Totally do able. Persistence! And willingness to bang your head against the wall until the task at hand is accomplished. That said... crap! I hope I can quit banging my head against the wall! Have not checked results yet.

Sign in to follow this