Engineer Boards
​ ​
Supe

The Pet Thread

2 hours ago, Dleg said:

^That's awesome. Would it get drunk?

honestly it was hard to tell.  My uncle used to get pretty drunk though.  Then, when we got older we'd get drunk with him.

• Haha 2

Well, chicken killer is on his way back to the adoption agency.  Hopefully he'll get picked up at their next adoption day. 

46 minutes ago, Road Guy said:

we have an aging border collie, she is getting a little over neurotic every day - I think age makes the working breeds a little more crazy - if you go outside with her she either paces around frantically waiting for the "Frisbee throwing" to begin, or for me to turn on one of her two nemesis, (Lawn Mower or Garden Hose) She cant just "hang out"

So I learned they sell "doggie weed" snacks at the weed store, supposed to help with everything from symptoms listed above to joint pain? 

Anyone ever try it? (for their pet)?

Yes, we've tried some of the pet CBD stuff for my in-law's overly neurotic collie and my BIL/SIL's dog. It really mellowed them out pretty well. My BIL and SIL tried it, but it didn't do anything to them. They aren't big pot heads (or edible users), so it wasn't that...I just think it isn't super strong. I think it would help your border collie to chill the f out. Just make sure to have some Scooby snacks at hand.

20 hours ago, Road Guy said:

did you get all the same sex?

I didn’t lift any of their tail feathers, but the pet store told us all their birds are female...or maybe male...can’t remember which but they’re all the same. Apparently, it doesn’t matter if there’s a mix anyway because there isn’t supposed to be any birdie hanky panky if there isn’t a nesting box available which there is not.

One of my cats has taken a liking to lying on my PE study books.  The internet can never have too many pictures of cats!

Screen Shot 2018-09-09 at 3.31.21 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Is that an approved calculator?

• Thanks 1

I can only imagine that my kitty would have eaten all of my PE notes and pieces of paper, as he already is on top of finding within ten minutes and subsequently chewing on any loose piece of paper (envelopes included) that happen to find themselves on any surface whatsoever in my apartment.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

We discovered that the weekend after they close the rec center pool they allow it open to dogs to play before they flush the pool for winter - needless to say our dog had a blast..

3ce4dbb4b0923258c1e752452bd808d5.png

(I stole this pic from the daughters FB page)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, leggo PE said:

I can only imagine that my kitty would have eaten all of my PE notes and pieces of paper, as he already is on top of finding within ten minutes and subsequently chewing on any loose piece of paper (envelopes included) that happen to find themselves on any surface whatsoever in my apartment.

The one in my picture has tried eating the coloured tabs I put in my books...and part of the NCEES practice exam.

8 hours ago, FLBuff PE said:

Is that an approved calculator?

Unless NCEES changes its calculator policies at the 0th hour, it should be 👍

I've thought about getting this 'lil guy registered as a service animal so I can take him to the exam with me.  He's already blessed my study materials; it only seems right for him to bless everyone in the exam room.  The most he'd do is chirp for a little while and then find a comfy pile of books to sleep on.

Screen Shot 2018-09-10 at 5.32.04 PM.png

Edited by In/PE/Out
  • Like 1

W?!T?!F?!  Wife stopped to get more bird food and filters for the aquarium last night AND ENDED UP COMING HOME WITH TWO MORE PARAKEETS!!!

• Haha 4
  • fudgey 2

let them all go free, if they come back to you, then it was meant to be!

• Thanks 2

Haha, one of every color?

2 hours ago, leggo PE said:

Haha, one of every color?

You laugh, but yes, that is why we now have 6 parakeets...green, white, blue, teal (because that's not blue? SMH), and now yellow and light blue (still not blue?).  But, if you've got parakeets, you almost have to have a yellow one don't you?

I was being semi-serious, looks like I was right!