Engineer Boards
​ ​
Supe

The Pet Thread

Guy had fish in it before.  Put water conditioner in and under gravel filter was running for about a day before any fish went in.  The "goldfish" or whatever crap fish they give out at fairs never made it long enough to try the aquarium.  They were replaced with 3 tropical fish of some kind and 1 algae eater from Petsmart.  Algae eater #2 is the one that just went tits up this morning.

Sad times at the MS farm.  Our latest canine addition killed one of our chickens.  Likely not in a predatory fashion, but likely just being playful and dumb.  He's a lab mix and a pain in the ass.  

• Sad 1

well you can get another chicken for like a dollar I think?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Wife and I are starting the low carb thing so I actually had thought about doing a small chicken coop in the backyard for the supply of fresh eggs, but having 3 giant buffoons in the house is a big concern.

3 hours ago, Road Guy said:

well you can get another chicken for like a dollar I think?

Wife talked to a few people in a Tractor Supply store this last weekend in a more rural part of this area.  One man she talked to gave away 12 chickens a few days before... silkies... one kind she wants.  And who WOULDN'T want this?

White-Silkie-2190-L.jpg

• Like 1

I want one!

Maybe once I get outside space.

2 hours ago, Master slacker said:

Wife talked to a few people in a Tractor Supply store this last weekend in a more rural part of this area.  One man she talked to gave away 12 chickens a few days before... silkies... one kind she wants.  And who WOULDN'T want this?

White-Silkie-2190-L.jpg

waaaaaaaanttttttttttt

Do those taste the same?

• Thanks 1

It may taste cuter.  What if it tasted like every day chicken, but had the texture of cotton candy (sans stickiness)?

I think those are also called bantam chickens? my grand parents used to have those but mostly just used for eggs - don't recall eating them to be honest..

• Like 1

There are lots of different types of bantams, but silkie's aren't the greatest egg layers.

I adopted 2 kittens today.  They are so busy exploring, I can't get a picture of them at the moment.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, wilheldp_PE said:

I adopted 2 kittens today.  They are so busy exploring, I can't get a picture of them at the moment.

they thank you for rescuing them! i speak telepathic cat. ♥ 

They are brothers and the foster society preferred they be adopted together.  I wanted 2 anyway, so it worked perfectly.  I think I'm naming them Felix (more black) and Fritz (less black).

B8AqAyp.jpg

28CvzxF.jpg

diyVipq.jpg

Edited by wilheldp_PE
  • Like 4

so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love the names, too!

Ahhh kittens! Sibling kittens! Black and white kittens! So cute! Welcome to the life of hopefully well behaved cats.