The Pet Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supe

Reaction score
Didn't see a thread dedicated to our furry friends. (No, that that kind of furry.)

Here's a pic of my greyhound (retired racer) Ursala that the GF snapped yesterday. Great dog, still having some separation anxiety issues that we're working on.

Ursala Resized.jpg

And for those who don't realize how unbelievably ripped greyhounds are, check out that bicep:

Ursala Bicep.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
In case it's not obvious from my av, I've got a black Lab that's a real sweet dog. She's super mellow until the tennis ball comes out.

Here she is showing my mother's dog whose boss.

P3100112_zpsc4936085.jpg

What a gorgeous coat on her! Love black labs, wish I wasn't so allergic to them.

I belive it's a corgi, same as the one VT's brute is swatting at.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first got Ursala and she was being crate trained, I put flyers in the surrounding neighbor's mailboxes asking for forgiveness if there was excessive noise/barking. At first she would just "chirp" a bit, but I can honestly count on one hand the number of times I've actually heard her bark since then. A couple times I've provoked it while playing (barking at her to make her do it), and ONCE she barked at a rabbit or something in the backyard. She has such a roar of a bark, it completely catches you off guard when you actually hear it.

My dog is a Bassett - Blue Heeler mix. He's not very tall, but he is built like a brick house. You wouldn't know it by looking at him, but he's 70lbs (at least when he got "fixed"). That dog doesn't bark, he woofs, and't it's f-ing loud. Luckily he's quiet most of the time, only barking when we're playing or when he sees one of the other neighborhood dogs walk by. He gets fairly regular play-dates with the neighborhood dogs, so he gets excited anytime he sees them. Despite the fact that he's been neutered, he still gets REALLY excited when he sees one particular dog. The two of them will go to town for a couple of hours... :bananadoggywow:

616078_535882689758429_1837029182_o.jpg

Mine is **** near silent, but for a 70 l dog, she's got a wimpy bark.

You'd never tell by looking at the picture I posted, but she weighs at least 61 lbs. She sounds so mean when she barks, the neighbor's two dogs ran back in the house.

My dog is a Bassett - Blue Heeler mix. He's not very tall, but he is built like a brick house. You wouldn't know it by looking at him, but he's 70lbs (at least when he got "fixed"). That dog doesn't bark, he woofs, and't it's f-ing loud. Luckily he's quiet most of the time, only barking when we're playing or when he sees one of the other neighborhood dogs walk by. He gets fairly regular play-dates with the neighborhood dogs, so he gets excited anytime he sees them. Despite the fact that he's been neutered, he still gets REALLY excited when he sees one particular dog. The two of them will go to town for a couple of hours... :bananadoggywow:

616078_535882689758429_1837029182_o.jpg
Cone of Shame.

Here's one the GF grabbed of my puppy looking all majestic:

IMG_3155.jpg

Back