Engineer Boards
​ ​
George Washington Engineering Online Master's Programs
Supe

The Pet Thread

Didn't see a thread dedicated to our furry friends. (No, that that kind of furry.)

Here's a pic of my greyhound (retired racer) Ursala that the GF snapped yesterday. Great dog, still having some separation anxiety issues that we're working on.

post-3230-0-18970100-1368532523_thumb.jp

And for those who don't realize how unbelievably ripped greyhounds are, check out that bicep:

post-3230-0-59943100-1368532864_thumb.jp

Edited by Supe

In case it's not obvious from my av, I've got a black Lab that's a real sweet dog. She's super mellow until the tennis ball comes out.

Here she is showing my mother's dog whose boss.

P3100112_zpsc4936085.jpg

• Like 1

What a gorgeous coat on her! Love black labs, wish I wasn't so allergic to them.

oh god now VTE will be wearing out the server space with lab pics

:D

oh god now VTE will be wearing out the server space with lab pics

:D

What's wrong with lab pics?

11456264-teenage-girl-in-science-laborat

depositphotos_7362480-Woman-wearing-a-la

Here are the dogs of the Buff House.

Buff - what breed is the little one?

I belive it's a corgi, same as the one VT's brute is swatting at.

No, she's a docile, neurotic corgi. And the collie has ocd.

What a gorgeous coat on her! Love black labs, wish I wasn't so allergic to them.

When I first got Ursala and she was being crate trained, I put flyers in the surrounding neighbor's mailboxes asking for forgiveness if there was excessive noise/barking. At first she would just "chirp" a bit, but I can honestly count on one hand the number of times I've actually heard her bark since then. A couple times I've provoked it while playing (barking at her to make her do it), and ONCE she barked at a rabbit or something in the backyard. She has such a roar of a bark, it completely catches you off guard when you actually hear it.

Mine is damn near silent, but for a 70 l dog, she's got a wimpy bark.

My dog is a Bassett - Blue Heeler mix. He's not very tall, but he is built like a brick house. You wouldn't know it by looking at him, but he's 70lbs (at least when he got "fixed"). That dog doesn't bark, he woofs, and't it's f-ing loud. Luckily he's quiet most of the time, only barking when we're playing or when he sees one of the other neighborhood dogs walk by. He gets fairly regular play-dates with the neighborhood dogs, so he gets excited anytime he sees them. Despite the fact that he's been neutered, he still gets REALLY excited when he sees one particular dog. The two of them will go to town for a couple of hours... :bananadoggywow:

616078_535882689758429_1837029182_o.jpg

Mine is damn near silent, but for a 70 l dog, she's got a wimpy bark.

You'd never tell by looking at the picture I posted, but she weighs at least 61 lbs. She sounds so mean when she barks, the neighbor's two dogs ran back in the house.

Friends of mine have a beagle/bulldog mix. Looks like a beagle, built like a bulldog. Found out just how heavy he was when he stepped on my groin.

• Like 1

My dog is a Bassett - Blue Heeler mix. He's not very tall, but he is built like a brick house. You wouldn't know it by looking at him, but he's 70lbs (at least when he got "fixed"). That dog doesn't bark, he woofs, and't it's f-ing loud. Luckily he's quiet most of the time, only barking when we're playing or when he sees one of the other neighborhood dogs walk by. He gets fairly regular play-dates with the neighborhood dogs, so he gets excited anytime he sees them. Despite the fact that he's been neutered, he still gets REALLY excited when he sees one particular dog. The two of them will go to town for a couple of hours... :bananadoggywow:

616078_535882689758429_1837029182_o.jpg

Cone of Shame.

Okay I am sure I've posted this before, but I cant think of a better dog than our border collie..

off course she is super pissed that we sold the boat last fall!

post-1-0-61126100-1369069355_thumb.jpg

Here's one the GF grabbed of my puppy looking all majestic:

post-3230-0-39232400-1369853437_thumb.jp

She loves plopping herself in the shade next to this giant bush that grows right next to the house. She takes retirement very seriously.

All she needs is a pina colada and she'll be set.

• Like 1

She'd drink it, too. She eats everything, including her own poo on occasion.

VT I think Helena and Supes dog would be BBF!!!!