CALIFORNIA - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

edwin_dummy

board meeting is this friday..

anyone knows if they usually mail the results the following week

after the meeting?

Last edited:
If I recall correctly, when I took it (Oct 05) they had the board meeting on a Friday. People had their FE results the next day (Saturday), but the PE results came a week later (don't ask me why). You should have them within a week or so after the meeting.

board meeting is this friday..anyone knows if they usually mail the results the following week

after the meeting?

Looks like they plan on mailing them to us on Monday. See below...

ADOPTION OF THE OCTOBER 2006 EXAMINATION RESULTS

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL RESULTS BE GIVEN OUT BY TELEPHONE OR E-MAIL.

Results of the examinations are not released until after the Board has adopted the passing score (or cutscore) for each examination at one of its regularly-scheduled meetings.

Anticipated Schedule of Adoption of the Cutscores

January 25 & 26, 2007, Board Meeting

Engineer-in-Training (EIT) and Land Surveyor-in-Training (LSIT) Examinations

All Professional Engineer, including Structural and Geotechnical Engineer, Examinations

National Professional Land Surveyor Examination

Effective with the October 2005 examinations, the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) reports examination results for the national examinations as "pass" or "fail." No scores are reported. Candidates who fail the examinations will be provided with a diagnostic report to indicate performance in those sections attempted. More information about this policy may be obtained from the NCEES website. Do NOT contact the Board requesting your score; the scores are no longer provided. (This applies to all examinations except the Special Civil [seismic Principles and Engineering Surveying], Geotechnical, Traffic, and State-Specific Structural examinations.)

RELEASE OF THE OCTOBER 2006 EXAMINATION RESULTS

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL RESULTS BE GIVEN OUT BY TELEPHONE OR E-MAIL.

After the Board adopts the cutscores, the result letters are mailed to the candidates at their addresses of record. If you have changed your address of record since the examination and you have not yet notified the Board directly, you need to complete an Address Change Affidavit and fax it to the Board at (916) 263-2246. Submitting a change of address or forwarding request to the U.S. Postal Service is not sufficient; you must notify the Board directly.

Result letters are sent by U.S. Postal Service. We will not send out duplicate result letters until 10 days after the indicated date of mailing. Therefore, please do NOT contact the Board to request a duplicate result letter until after the 10 days have passed.

The License Lookup database is updated once the result letters are mailed. The data must be transferred between databases and then uploaded to the License Lookup database. The program to update the License Lookup database is run overnight. Do NOT contact the Board asking when the database will be updated.

Anticipated Schedule for Mailing of Result Letters

EIT/LSIT Examinations

January 29, 2007 (ten days: February 5, 2007)

ALL Professional Engineer (including GE and SE) Examinations

National Professional Land Surveyor Examination

Does anyone know if the license lookup database gets updated before the letters are received?

:lmao:

Does anyone know if the license lookup database gets updated before the letters are received?
:lmao:

Not very likely....but hopefully everyone will have their letters by the first weekend of February.....hopefully

:thumbs: :waitwall: :waitwall: :waitwall: :waitwall: :waitwall:

Supposedly, the day that the results are mailed, the database will be updated that night. So theoretically, we could have our results that next morning.

I'm not sure how you know the db is updated the night after the day the results are mailed. This just says it is updated after the results are mailed, and it is done overnight. It was two days after I received my letter that the license database was updated. If you are looking to see the database updated the night of the meeting, or very shortly thereafter, I think you are going to be disappointed. You will probably already know by the time the db is updated. But I could be wrong, that might just have been true for the time I got my results.

Last edited by a moderator:
"The License Lookup database is updated once the result letters are mailed. The data must be transferred between databases and then uploaded to the License Lookup database. The program to update the License Lookup database is run overnight. Do NOT contact the Board asking when the database will be updated."

Yes, you might be correct. It doesn't say the database will be updated that night. It just says that it will be updated afterwards. That could mean 1 week afterwards, 1 month afterwards, 1 year afterwards.

Whatever. It's been so long, I'm numb to it now.

I think last summer CA PE results were mailed out on a Friday and they said the database would be updated the following Tuesday or Wednesday, but I don't believe it was actually updated that fast....at least not for all of the new PE's

:lmao: :thumbs: :waitwall: :waitwall: :waitwall: :waitwall:

I agree, most likely you will have your letter beforehand.

At this point I'll be happy once the letter arrives...the waiting is starting to make me twitch.

WARNING - Excessive second guessing to follow.....

[Rant]

It has been relatively bearable waiting for results for me up until today. For some reason, I am starting to get excessively annoyed :mad: at the CA board and their BS process. I have been unable to make any serious plans for the next few months as I do not know if that time will be spent :reading: or not.

FWIW, I really don't have any clue how I did on the exam. (ME Machine Design Depth)

On the morning session, I made it through 34 of the 40 questions without guessing, made reasonable guesses for 4 of the 6, and flat out guessed on the last two.

In the afternoon session, I made it through 30 of the 40 questions without guessing, made reasonable guesses for 4 of the 10, and flat out guessed on the last 6.

Operating on the conservative assumption that I got 80% of the questions that I did not guess on correct (.8*64=51.2) and 25% of the ones that I guessed on correct (.25*16=4), then I got around a 70% (55.2/80).

Of course this method of estimation has its flaws, but it highlights how much it will come down to luck, especially on the ones that I guessed.

:lmao: :thumbs: :waitwall: :waitwall: :waitwall: :waitwall: :waitwall:

[/Rant]

Believe me, when you get that passing letter you will be able to forgive the wait to a great extent (though, I still think it should be faster).

Hold on and, for most of you (I hope) it will be well worth it.

I do feel for you that are still waiting. It is like torture. Remember that if you do pass, you will still need to deal with those guys again with that continuing education (so don't piss them off).

For those that don't make it this time, keep at it, study harder and better, check in here and on my board f'tard (to be up soon...Fudgey already found it in it's current state).

The board meets today at 10AM PST. bump

I have my money on receiving results next Wednesday.

The board meets today at 10AM PST. :popcorn:
I have my money on receiving results next Wednesday.

Just cross your fingers that they have enough smarts to actually mail the letters on Monday since it is the "anticipated" mailing date. :bowdown:

bump :suicide1: :Failed: :hung-037: :whipping: :waitwall:

Thanks Road Guy! :)

Hopfully, we have lass than a week to go with this killer wait. :brickwall:

Well, that's it. With about 10 minutes left in the business day, I'd say our fates are sealed (and hopefully in an envelop)

Next week, the fun for us californians begins :)

Well, that's it. With about 10 minutes left in the business day, I'd say our fates are sealed (and hopefully in an envelop)
Next week, the fun for us californians begins :)
Well the wait is now unbearable. Will anyone please share their experience telling whether the letters are received before the License look up database is updated or vice versa?

Thanks.

You will almost certainly have the letter before the database is updated. It was about two days after I got the letter that the db got updated. Of course, I received the letter on a Saturday, and you will probably get yours on Tuesday or Wednesday. One thing I noticed was that if they say they will mail it Monday, people start getting them Tuesday. Checking the database won't do much good, but it might pay to check the website for the pass rates. This is generally a good clue that you will soon know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back