Token change for 'Monopoly'

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
One of the iconic Monopoly game tokens soon will no longer be passing "GO!" or collecting $200.

/>http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2013/01/08/monopoly-board-game-tokens-change/1805387/

That robot piece is sweet!

I might have to buy that limited set for future Junior's retirement package.

I think this issue deserves Congress' full attention. If we give them busy work like this, they will leave us alone on more intrusive stuff.

my kids can play that game for hours, they take it to the serious extreme, but they like to play the version with the electronic bank (which I hate) I like to see my money!

When we played I'd get the car, one brother would get the dog and the other would get the top hat.

We didn't play very often. The game we'd get super serious about was Risk. We played it all the time but I don't know that we ever actually finished a game. Whoever was on the verge of losing would quit by scattering all the pieces on the board. That was the end of the game for us.

my kids can play that game for hours, they take it to the serious extreme, but they like to play the version with the electronic bank (which I hate) I like to see my money!
You ever play electronic battleship? It is worth the price.

Battleshots > Battleship

hcd8X7.jpg

Battlebeers>Battleshots

/>http://www.collegehumor.com/picture/6364559/battlebeers

I havent tried the electronic battleship, but the only game I really really like to play with my kids is Risk, it goes similar to RW's experience, but after one person starts getting a couple of continents it all goes to hell.. I always like to load up and hang out in Australia while the other players fight each other to the death! then I swoop in and dominate :D

I havent tried the electronic battleship, but the only game I really really like to play with my kids is Risk, it goes similar to RW's experience, but after one person starts getting a couple of continents it all goes to hell.. I always like to load up and hang out in Australia while the other players fight each other to the death! then I swoop in and dominate :D
"In the '30s, Hitler: Czechoslovakia, Poland, France, Second World War... Russian front not a good idea... Hitler never played Risk when he was a kid. Cause, you know, playing Risk, you could never hold on to Asia. That Asian-Eastern European area, you could never hold it, could you? Seven extra men at the beginning of every go, but you couldn't fucking hold it. Australasia, that was the one. Australasia. All the purples. Get everyone on Papua New Guinea and just build up and build up..."

Board-game sales generally have slowed because of the recent weak economy, says Gerrick Johnson, toy analyst for BMO Capital Markets.
Uh, no. Board-game sales generally have slowed because of these things like the internet or video games.

^ lol..

whenever the kids get in trouble or when we tell them to take a month off of the electronics they go straight to the board games.. which ends up with way more fighting between the kids and a lot more trouble in all honesty (mine are all OCD and have control issues) so after a few days, its like, Damnit Im taking away monopoly and you guys are gonna have to play on the xbox!!!!!

maybe they have that planned..

I love board games. We have a game of Risk from 8 years ago that is still documented in the box, ready for us to play. And **** skippy you grab Australia and blaze a path!

Back