What numbers to put on NY Stamp?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apex_predetor

Reaction score
Just got my PE. Looking to order a stamp, but I am a bit confused as to what numbers to put on the stap. The NYS Law just states to put your license number on there, but there is an 8 digit number (with the 16 in front), or just the following 6 numbers?

Anybody know where to get the stamp we must have that states "... it is a violation of this law for any person to alter any document that bears the seal of a professional engineer, unless the person is acting under the direction of a licensed professional engineer..."

Just got my PE. Looking to order a stamp, but I am a bit confused as to what numbers to put on the stap. The NYS Law just states to put your license number on there, but there is an 8 digit number (with the 16 in front), or just the following 6 numbers?
Congrats!

from what I have seen other PEs do, the number typically starts with an 0

I never ordered a stamp but my boss' leaves off the 16. As far as I know we don't have a stamp with that warning - we just type it on all our drawings that require a seal.

Back