Which prep school?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did James Kamm CD-Rom Mechanical Engineer Refresher course from PPI also known as the PE professor. I reviewed only the HVAC for the Apr 12 test and failed. For the Oct 12 Exam, I studied all three afternoon topics and passed. I watched it several times and worked the problems several times as well. I did well on Morning tests topics, it was the afternoon that I struggled with on the first exam. It is a good course which can be watched on your schedule. It also had some good handouts, problems, etc. I used to make my own notebook for reference.

I used the School of PE for the EIT and it is also a good course, but it has a tough schedule that my current job would not allow me to take for the PE.

You took HVAC in afternoon; How many HVAC problems did you see in afternoon? It seems like they give T/F in afternoon also.

Also, What books did you use in the exam? I have the MERM and the Lindeburg Unit Conversion.

I took the HVAC in Apr 12 and failed. I only studied HVAC. There were more T/F questions on it then HVAC. Also, ASHRAE are hard on the HVAC.

I took the T/F in Oct 12 and passed. I studied all three afternoon topics this time. The test was mostly T/F with some HVAC and Machine Design.

I used MERM, MERM Quick Reference Guide, NCEES Sample Questions and Exam, and my own three binder with handouts and notes that I made from James Kamm CD-Rom Mech PE refresher course.

Back