Mechanical PE - HVAC - OCT2012 Scores

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndrewM

Reaction score
ME HVAC testers, please post results to this thread. Pass/Fail AND numbers if you have them. Please no topic discussion. I am still waiting on FL results but will post them as soon as they come in. I am trying to make a forum where HVAC/R testers can go to see what the consensus was on scoring. Thanks everyone and good luck on your scores or next exam.

I have passed PE mechanical HVAC exam in Delaware. I just have got the result this morning from NCEEs website.

Recieved email from NCEES today at 9:30 AM. Passed Mechanical MD PE exam.

Took the exam in Baton Rouge, LA

Graduated 15 years ago.

69 and 42/80 actual # correct. Failed in Texas - Mechanical/HVAC and Refrigeration

Thanks for posting your failing scores, as it gives us some insight into the passing scores. It does take some heart to come back to this blog and post again after failing. I have been there before and appreciate your input.

Passed in Florida...No score unfortunately. I'll be back to this site to help all with any tips they may need that helped me a lot. Right now i'll list off the study material I used:

School of PE (website)

Lindeburg Practice Exam (Started this about 2 Months out, Just did the problems as a regular practice)

6 Minute Solutions (Started about 1 Month out)

NCEES Practice Exam (Took 1 week off and did the Morning section on 1 day and the Afternoon section the next)

Good luck all.

t_moghani,

Is this cut score of 49 correct problems for the Mechanical/HVAC? Does not correlate with Texas 42 problems correct with a 69% grade. Strange to have a 42 as 69% when 49 was also considered failing. Now wondering if different states have different cut scores. Hmmmm.

dneva,

I think t_moghani meant Control Systems Engineering (CSE)...I thought the same thing about the Texas results being at 43/80 highest fail score so far, which was 69%.

Back