After finding out your results!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IE_PE

Reaction score
After finding out your results! - What will/ shall you do when you find out you passed/ failed the exam?

fail - start studying again, go to testmasters, sign up for anger management counciling

pass - demand satisfaction /wink

Fail: Get drunk. Next day re-borrow the books I borrowed last time.

Pass: Get drunk, and drunk-call a few folks. Next day, re-check that I did really pass. Then submit the expense report for reimbursment of the fees and apply for the bonus.

Open up Christmas gifts because I don't plan on looking until the night of Dec 25th lol

1st turn in my resignation letter. Definitely hittin south beach this Sat. If I receive results this week. Gonna party all weekend in Miami and hit the Hard Rock in Fort Lauderdale on Sunday.

If I fail

- I will be pretty mad at myself

- Will have to sign up for next exam in April

- Will sign up to take a review course which I didn't before

- I will have to review a strategy that failed me and develop a new strategy -especially on areas I may have not done well

- It will be a dissapointing Holiday season, but will try to do everything I can to not make it measerable for my loved ones

- It will just simply 'SUCK" :madgo:

If I pass

- I will probably freeze for a few seconds as soon as I see the word " Pass", then

- I will have let my sig other know; and setup a dinner date to say thank you for keeping up with my 'moodiness' during prep time, and waiting for exam

- I will prep an email to thank my references and let them know that I passed

- How about changing adding "PE" on my linkedin profile

- Update resume

- Checkout opportunities to work for my own or as a PE for a good engr firm

If I fail dig in and study.

If I pass just relax and breath it in for awhile then send out a few thank you's. Then enjoy my time off before starting my new position Jan 7th. somwhere in there freak out get drunk and celebrate... :wave2:

If I Fail -

1. i think I i will pay for a manual review

2. be totally disgusted

3. convince myself, my spouse, that I can and will pass in April

4. be totally disgusted

5. re-read the results and re-read the results....get closure, move on to April

If I Pass

1. never come to this website again

2. never go to NCEES website again (most likely will though)

3. call my spouse with good news

4. leave work to start celebrating

5. enjoy the holidays, be thankful for my current job, see what next year brings

If I Pass

Now see, that just ain't gonna happen. I poke my head in occasionally to see what's up. I like seeing all the nervousness the week that results are posted. It cracks me up. I think you will see what I mean one day. It's still amusing to lurk.

If I Pass

Now see, that just ain't gonna happen. I poke my head in occasionally to see what's up. I like seeing all the nervousness the week that results are posted. It cracks me up. I think you will see what I mean one day. It's still amusing to lurk.

Hahahaha nah I really don't see myself back on this site. I actually ran across it by accident after the examwhile searching for the passing score. Stayed off for a month and only on now til the results come out. I may stay for a few more days afterwards to see how my new colleagues did but that's it. Got other things to do

Im I fail im going to be seriously annoyed and try and keep a low profile and going to try and not discuss the PE exam with anyone until after i have recieved the results back from my manual scoring. AFter which i will admit i am a failure and pass the exam in October 13, after completing 600 hrs of revision.

If I Pass I am going to be so freaking exciting I cant actually put it into words.

I am not even allowing myself more than 3 seconds a day of thinking about what to do if i have passed.

Currently I am enjoying the not knowing. I am 50-50 on whether i passed failed.

Once we see the "PASS" word, how long to get the licence number and to show up as a registered licenced engineer in the state of New York?

if i pass...get off ncees and here and go back to work

if i fail...get off ncees and here...get pissed and go back to work

Pass = Heart attack

Fail = Heart attack

I'm screwed either way.

Pass - Gather all my books up, but an 18 pack of Natty Light, go the woods and have an old fashion book burning.

Fail - Probably quit engineering and work as a manager of a Hooters or a Tilted Kilt, help tutor the working college

girls in Math pre-algebra who are enrolled at the community college for Medical Billing, and in about a year or two

realize I need to grow up and retake the exam.

Back