Power PE Guide by Alex Graffeo

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

power62

Reaction score
Thinking about buying Power PE Guide by Alex Graffeo.

I would appreciate if anybody would provide any opinion or review about this guide.

Thanks

i have big collection for engineering electrical in my blog i'll try to find this guide i how

I just found about it from this board only. Somebody had listed it as one of the guides he/she used to prepare for the exam.

^ I have not read any reviews by any members on this board who have used that reference. I'm not saying it isn't any good, just haven't read any comments about others using it.

Hello, It is a newer book. It goes over the basics on most of the topics on the NCEES syllabus. It's good on T&D, circuits, protection, VOM, etc. It's light on the NEC and power electronics. It really focuses on the other topics and is geared towards the test.

I was thinking about that book too. I am thinking to get that book, with a NEC code book and maybe a couple other book. what you guys suggest?

I just went over the table of content of the book. It seems like it's gears towards the exam. It looks like it might be helpful for one of the book to help me to study...TOC sent by the write himself

Where can I find this book on sale? Any ideas
I am trying to get a copy...the place I can buy is the author website

www.powerpe.com

are you in MD? If you are ..we can go in together save $15 each

• As posted earlier, the book focuses on subjects in the NCEES syllabus. It's more of a guide with a mix of info. and some examples. Pretty good for basics on circuits, transformers, T&D stuff, and fault current/protection. Well organized for test prep. Good CT saturation example. Will need to be used with other references such as Wildi or Gainger & Stevenson for the in depth stuff. Nothing really on the NEC code.

I passed and much thanks to this book. There were questions on NESC that the book

did not cover. But all in all, the study guide made the difference for me. The first time I failed using ppi materials. The second time I passed with flying colors using only this study guide. Hell yeah!

Old thread but...same guy has released a new practice problem book. 3 exams. I don't know if it's good yet but I just got my hands on it. If it's anything like his other book it's going to be full of errors but I really needed more practice exams so I bought it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075GZNKNN/ref=s9u_simh_gw_i1?ie=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pd_rd_i=B075GZNKNN&pd_rd_r=b536d3bc-ae82-11e7-9eea-5f14c56bb083&pd_rd_w=EtZdl&pd_rd_wg=GUMFz&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=8T5R9212GJFSA3GY7MRK&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=1cf9d009-399c-49e1-901a-7b8786e59436&pf_rd_i=desktop

I used it three years ago.  Good supplement to other test materials.  He did have some errors in my edition but he proved to be easily accessible and responded promptly to emails.  I did purchase until about a month before the exam.  Filled in the gaps. I recommend it. 

Back