Sample Exams - Power PE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

da_souljah

The Boss
Reaction score
After taking the exam, I feel that all the sample exams I had from, NCEES, spin-up CI, PPI & Kaplan were pretty much useless. The only thing I really gained was practise using the NEC (which I already know) and three phase calculations (which are really basic).

What do you other guys think?

Totally agree. I could work the problems from CI and the NCEES practice test backwards and forwards. I understood it well too. It wasn't that the problems were that hard on the exam, I just did not practice those type problems because I did not have anything like them to practice!

I agree that all the CI and spin-ups I did had very little to do with the test. But I do not regret any time I spent on those practice tests. I really believe that they made me more familiar with material that I would've otherwise glossed over, and it also helped get my reference materials in order. Those things built confidence, which is arguably very important to have, whether or not you've mastered the material. I wish there were more practice tests like the NCEES one though...

Agree 100%! As I said in another post before the test, using the Spin-Up and NCEES sample exams as a metric for preparedness, I felt well prepared for the Power PE. During the exam, I struggled with the AM problems. The PM questions were a bit more straightforward in my opinion, but they weren't even in the same neighborhood as the sample exam problems.

The exam didn't even have the same TYPE of problems as the sample exams.

Agree 100%! As I said in another post before the test, using the Spin-Up and NCEES sample exams as a metric for preparedness, I felt well prepared for the Power PE. During the exam, I struggled with the AM problems. The PM questions were a bit more straightforward in my opinion, but they weren't even in the same neighborhood as the sample exam problems.

The exam didn't even have the same TYPE of problems as the sample exams.
What does mean? Yours weren't multiple choice?

I'm sure he means that the questions were on subjects that were not even hinted at on the practice tests, but I'm guessing you knew that.

I'm sure he means that the questions were on subjects that were not even hinted at on the practice tests, but I'm guessing you knew that.
danderson is correct. Although I can appreciate misplaced sarcasm.

Back