AASHTO Green Book PDF?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find a pdf of the 2004 edition of the AASHTO Geometric Design of Highways and Streets book?

I don't think this exists and if it does it certainly isn't free.

If you are looking for a copy for the exam you are probably going to be better off seeing if you can borrow a hard copy from someone.

I don't think this exists and if it does it certainly isn't free.

If you are looking for a copy for the exam you are probably going to be better off seeing if you can borrow a hard copy from someone.
I found that bound, authentic copies are infinitely easier to navigate through than 3-ring binder copies.

My work has a PDF copy of the 6th edition. But the 2004 edition can really be used as a hard copy. I did the 2004 Green Book and it was pretty much useful. Regardless of the editions, if the old edition is a good one, then use it. No need to waste too much $$$ on a new book. I got them from work and used it for the PE.

My work has a PDF copy of the 6th edition. But the 2004 edition can really be used as a hard copy. I did the 2004 Green Book and it was pretty much useful. Regardless of the editions, if the old edition is a good one, then use it. No need to waste too much $$$ on a new book. I got them from work and used it for the PE.
I'm sure many of us have used an older edition of some of our references and still passed (Ex. I used the 10th CERM when the 12th was the latest, I used the 2003 MUTCD when the 2009 was the latest) but I still wouldn't recommend it as a first choice. Whenever possible, I think it's best to use the latest editions.

For transportation PM section I would try and fin the whole book, there are hundred of tables an charts they can pick from to ask a problem from...

For the am only you can probably get by with recent copies of the main tables and charts...

But I would try and find the whole book you can beg, borrow, steal...

For transportation PM section I would try and fin the whole book, there are hundred of tables an charts they can pick from to ask a problem from...

For the am only you can probably get by with recent copies of the main tables and charts...

But I would try and find the whole book you can beg, borrow, steal...
Well, hopefully no one is suggesting to only bring a portion of the GDHS. But you're right - at first I thought they would only test from Chapt 3 'Elements of Design', but they can ask a question from any chapter.

FYI - for the AM/Breadth portion of the exam, no codes are needed (for any subject) - just your CERM (and/or All-In-One) are needed. Of course, the GDHS is needed for the Transpo PM/Depth.

Where's the best place to get used copies of the Green Book, RDG, HCM and GDHS? I don't see any for sale in the classifieds and I can't afford the new copies, especially with the updated standards for April 2013.

Back