NFL FOOTBALL 2012

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knight1fox3

Jedi MASTER & Friend of Capt. Solo
Reaction score
Packers pre-season starts tonight! Looking forward to seeing some of the new talent on the team.

Green-Bay-Packers.jpg

BTW, anyone interested in a EB.com fantasy league? I recall there was talk of one last year but it was too close to the season opener to make a decision. Probably could create a separate topic for that if there's enough interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a halfway decent change you and I will exchange unpleasantries in February.

300_171429.jpg

Pats play the New Orleans Bounty Hunters tonight. I'll enjoy my two drives of Brady to Welker. I really hope Lord Hoodie patched up the defense this year.

And there's no way I'm playing fantasy football. It's the stupidest idea ever. I'd rather do a weekly pool.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a halfway decent change you and I will exchange unpleasantries in February.
Touche.

And there's no way I'm playing fantasy football. It's the stupidest idea ever.
But is that how you really feel? LOL You just don't like FF or you don't think a EB.com league is a good idea? Been doing the auction draft type leagues the past few years. I like those as they are a bit more challenging.

Curious to see my Denver Donkeys this season. They're a better team than last year but have a BRUTAL schedule.

I prefer draft leagues for FF, otherwise I'd be down for a pick 'em (pick all games each week) or even a "last longer" pickem (only pick one game per week and can only pick a team once all season, you're eliminated with a bad pick).

I've never done a Fantasy Football in my life....

..... second thought, I am against the premise of it..... maybe not.

(I'll see how many are in it, before FULLY committing)

:D

Packers pre-season starts tonight! Looking forward to seeing some of the new talent on the team.
Oh god, not another cheesehead. I don't even follow professional football but living in the western U.P. for 5 years was enough to make me sick of the fudgepackers. I still remember watching the 1998 superbowl with the drunken raucous noise coming from the apartment below mine the first half and utter silence the second half as the packers lost to Denver.

Oh god, not another cheesehead. I don't even follow professional football but living in the western U.P. for 5 years was enough to make me sick of the fudgepackers. I still remember watching the 1998 superbowl with the drunken raucous noise coming from the apartment below mine the first half and utter silence the second half as the packers lost to Denver.
At least the mascot on our helmets isn't a lion named "Bubbles". <facepalm>

^Uhhh, I don't know who dey are???

I'll really get into football mode after the Olympics, which are a lot more exciting than preseason games.

I heard an interesting piece on the radio the other day, forgot which show, that MLB has a real problem keeping interest this time of year. If your team is hopelessly out of it, as mine is, you stop paying attention and start thinking about your football team. The Mets at least had the decency to blow it right after the all star game as opposed to mid-September again, and all I'm thinking about is if the Patriots improved on D this year.

^ I hear ya on that one. Brewers really stunk it up this year. Moved into football mode now...

Picked up Cedric Benson for a 1-year deal. That should make the running a bit more interesting.

I heard an interesting piece on the radio the other day, forgot which show, that MLB has a real problem keeping interest this time of year. If your team is hopelessly out of it, as mine is, you stop paying attention and start thinking about your football team.
That's true of every sport, not just baseball. If you are a Dolphins fan you are probably eager for basketball season to start back up before the end of October. If you are a Rams fan you probably can't wait for the Cardinals to start playing again and if you live in Cleveland you should probably go play in traffic. ;)

Good point.

I've been to Cleveland. Even in the city center area near the Indians, Browns, Rock and Roll HOF, etc. there is nothing going on at midday. The better option is to just throw yourself in the lake while wearing several bowling balls around your neck.

I've lived in two major markets in my lifetime, NYC and Boston. Usually, at least one of the teams currently playing was relevant. Well, other than the Mets, who are mosty known for incompetence and late September meltdowns. Bring on the Pats ASAP.

I have a FF league started in Yahoo, if anyone is interested shoot me a message and I will give you the details to join up.

Back