Florida Man thwarts thieves with a .380

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodal

Reaction score
"Two teens were shot and injured by a 71-year-old central Florida man who refused to stand by while the young men allegedly tried to rob an Internet cafe.

Samuel Williams was sitting in the Palms Internet Cafe in Ocala, Fla., Friday night when two men, later identified as Davis G. Dawkins, 19, and Duwayne Henderson, also 19, allegedly stormed in brandishing a handgun and a baseball bat.

"Don't none of you [expletives] move," one of the teens reportedly yelled at the café patrons.

In a surveillance video released by the police department, Williams, who is seated at a computer in the corner of the café, is seen standing up and pulling out a .380-caliber handgun shortly after the two men are apparently seen storming into the café and swinging a bat at something off screen.

Williams is apparently seen firing two shots at Henderson, who quickly heads for the front door. The 71-year-old then begins to fire at both of the young men, who appear to panic and hurriedly fall over as they flee the scene.

Both Dawkins and Henderson were arrested hours later, according to Ocala.com. They have been charged with attempted armed robbery with a firearm and felony criminal mischief.

Officials said it is unlikely that Williams will be charged with a crime for attacking the teens because the shooting seemed justifiable.

"Based on what I have seen and what I know at this time, I don't anticipate filing any charges," Bill Gladson of the State Attorney's Office told Ocala.com.

Williams has a concealed weapons permit for his handgun, according to the Sheriff's Office.

Gladson, who said that he has reviewed the security footage, added that he is still awaiting a final report from the Marion County Sheriff's Office.

Dawkins was released from jail Sunday, having posted an $11,000 bond. Henderson remained in Marion County Jail, having failed to post a $31,000 bond."

I just upgraded to the SnW Bodyguard from the LCP. Apparently, a trip to Starbucks holds more dangers than just the fat content of their macchiato. I should probably keep my .380 on me.

One of my two primary carry pieces is a Bersa .380. .380 or not, I use Hydrashocks in that thing, and I sure as hell wouldn't want to get tagged in the chest with one!

A Spanish phrase: Valiente pescador, Pal' anzuelo que tiraste en vez de una sardina un tiburón enganchaste.

Translation: Some fisherman. Threw a hook to catch a sardine but caught a shark. :sharkattack:

I think the lesson here is that I should get some hollowpoints or hydrashocks for instant takedown. Good information.

I know what hollow-points are, but anyone care to elaborate on what hydrashocks are? And could they be used in my 9mm?

I know what hollow-points are, but anyone care to elaborate on what hydrashocks are? And could they be used in my 9mm?
They are a hollow point with a little protrusion in the middle. Apparently, this traps blood/tissue faster/better and causes the hollow point to mushroom more reliably. They are definitely available in 9mm.

badal, how you liking the SnW Bodyguard?

I have heard some very mixed reviews on the thing, mainly in the reliability/feeding sector.

thats why I like my 44s. Good arcticle haha. Gotta be carefull who ya pzz off cuz these days never know whos packin.

Havent tried the hydroshocks at all. maybe ill have to get a box and see what they do.

I have the hydrashocks in my bodyguard and they look mean. I bought a box a couple years ago but haven't ever shot one because they are so freakin expensive. I literally just got the bodyguard Tuesday so I don't have any thing good or bad to say about performance yet. I will say that compared to the LCP it feels much more solid. Of course, it has the built in laser which gives it a much greater coolness factor than the LCP, but the slide and body just feel heftier. I also like that the mag has a colored slide. You can instantly tell how many shells are left by looking at the side of the mag.

Back