NCEES Sample Exam from 2001

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineerlady

Reaction score
I am trying to find a copy of the 2001 NCEES mechanical sample exam. Does anyone have a copy that they would be willing to sell?

Thanks!!!

The material is still applicable. The 2001 exam has a few of the same questions as the 2008/2010 exam.

Just curious. Why would you want one from 2001?
Oh man, that's funny right there. You need to get your hands on as many problems as you possibly can. The better question is, why would you not want one from 2001? Like Krak said, it's still very applicable and the more problems (especially those set by NCEES) you can do, the better off you'll be.

There are only so many questions they can give you that are under the mechanical exam that are realistic to be done in an exam setting at an average of 6 min per problem that fit the need to be considered PE Exam problems. In reality, you are better off looking at the older tests. My prep class teacher gave us hundreds (yes hundreds) of problems that were old ncees problems and a lot of those showed up on the test. Why would the PE exam resemble a test from last year?

I've always said, to pass a test for a class in school, think like a teacher.

To pass the PE Exam, think like the insane psycho NCEES board members.

:D

Thanks guys, you have echoed my thoughts exactly! I am just trying to work as many problems as I possibly can before the exam. From what I hear, the NCEES sample problems are closest to the actual exam so the more I can see the better off I will be in October.

In case you don't know - there is a 2001 edition, 2008 edition, and I guess 2010 edition of the NCEES sample exams.

2001 & 2008 have different questions and include all 3 afternoon topics. The 2010 edition (which is still available for sale on the NCEES website is the same as the 2008 edition, except the afternoon portion is broken out into different books.

Since the questions in these are extremely similar to what you'll find on the exam, you can see why the '01 and '08 versions are popular.

I would also like to find a copy of the 2001 version. Could someone point me in the right direction so I could buy a copy?

They're books you can buy. You can get the latest sample exam (2010/2008) on the NCEES website. For the 2001 exam, you'll need to search the for sale section of this site, ebay, amazon, or any other place that sells used books.

All I can find on the website was "

PE Mechanical: Mechanical Systems and Materials Sample Questions and Solutions"

Is this the sample exam?

Yes.

/>http://www.ncees.org/Exams/Study_materials.php?exam=PE

These are all of the latest NCEES sample exams.

Count me in as one of the people looking for the 2001 exam. Any help would be appreciated.

If possible I would also like to get my hands on one of the older NCEES exams (2001 or 2008). I have had trouble finding anythign beyond the current books NCEES offers which are the 3 Mechanical Depth books. Anyone know where to get the older ones? Sounds like the study questions are extremely helpfuly for the exam.

I know some engineering school libraries have the NCEES 2001 test. Might be worth giving a shot.

I have the 2001 and 2008 NCEES practice exams that I will sell to the highest bidder. PM me with your bid. The back cover is a little rough on the 2001 but all content is intact. These were my answer to passing last April. If you do these two practice exams it significantly increases your chances of passing.

Back