Reactions to the letter

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pass - Jump around like a crazy person and my neighbors already think I am crazy.

Fail to Pass - Would rather not say.

How do you think you'll honestly react if you:
pass?

fail to pass?

Ed
Pass: :???: :beerchug followed by the visit to the boss's office to discuss :read: $$

Fail: :drunk: :suicide: more **** studying

If I pass, I will tell my wife, then tell other people and just all around feel pretty good about life.
If I don't pass, I will keep it to myself until somebody asks how I did, then I will make up some lame ass excuse as to why I didn't perform as well as I was actually capable of doing, and blame it on my excessive workload (which has been slack lately, calm before the storm I guess) and say that I was just testing the waters.  But in private, I will curse my poor intellect, and curse the test and convince myself that I don't need a **** piece of paper to tell me that I am competent and that I am able to design stuff, unless I want to do it legally, but still I will convince myself that the laws are too strict and that I shouldn't have to abide by them.  Finally I will realize that I said all that stuff in anger, and I will once again pick up the books and begin studying for the next exam that I will be able to take, which quite possibly may be two years from now.

All in all, I think I will take the news pretty well either way.
Funny! I think I'm right there with you!

I just hope I don't get either too overly confident/cocky or too depressed/ashamed, whatever the case may be. Either way, I hope to learn something from the whole thing and be a better person (and a PE, I must admit! :D ).

Maybe I'll bring the letter inside if I pass and give an acceptance speach in front of my wife and kids (kids will be too young to have ANY idea what I'm talking about unless, of course I have to go through this for years to come like Susan Lucci). "I'd like to thank God. I'd like to thank those who believed in me and made this whole thing possible, I'd like to thank my agent, ...." :D :thumbsup:

At first (until I called the board and got a couple of things straightened out), my PE application got denied and I told my wife I was quitting engineering- turning my back on the industry. I suspect my initial reaction, should I not make it this go-round would be similar.

Ed

Last edited:
I told my wife I was quitting engineering- turning my back on the industry. I suspect my initial reaction, should I not make it this go-round would be similar.
Sounds exactly like me after I got my first fail letter from the Oct. exam.

It all seems like a bunch of monkey business to me.
It is monkey business for sure.

Highlight the monkey with your cursor, and you get the drift.

PEsoon2B? Sounds like you have alot of time (or something) on your hands. LOL.

Back