Engineering head hunters

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pu_grad2001

Reaction score
Where is the best place to find civil engineering head hunters? I recently passed my PE exam.

At one point I put my resume on monster and careerbuilder when I was searching for a job. I had/still have a lot of headhunters call me that saw my resume on those sites.

Careerbuilder/Monster with a Resume. Make sure you create a Linkedin Profile with all of your info and add keywords such as civil engineer, land development, etc.

I'm just worried about putting my resume on Careerbuilder because I don't want my current employer to know I am looking for a new job.

Try Linkedin. Setup a professional profile and add the related keywords. I get 3 calls a week from headhunters from Linkedin.

Once the head hunters/job shops get your resume they never quit calling. Even when you ask them to. Fair warning.

Once the head hunters/job shops get your resume they never quit calling. Even when you ask them to. Fair warning.
Good advice.

Before advertising to the world (linkedin, careerbuilder, monster, etc.) why not search out employment yourself? Call your State's DOT office and ask for a listing of civil firms that have DOT contracts in the field your interested in. Contact your County/Parish Public Works office and do the same. Contact your State professional engineering office and see if they can send you a listing of all registered CE firms in the State, or by certain County/Parish.

Once you have a list pear it down to the region you want to work, then by discipline. Then start looking online through the firm's website for available positions. Try to make contacts in the departments that you want to work and find out if they are hiring/looking/considering.

I would lean on yourself and your local resources to find a new position before you just tell the world that you're looking for a new job.

Best of luck and congratulations on passing the PE!

NSEARCH has some good advice there. I've actually had good luck finding the company I want to work at through my own research and going from there. Chamber of Commerse websites are also good ones to check out.

I've got a stopgap position but am looking. I've chatted with a couple headhunters, and they can be helpful hooking you up with an interested firm. The thing with them though is that their sense of urgency doesn't math yours.

I have a couple of head hunters that got my name from someone I know and they will not leave me alone...although one offer in Tampa was pretty tempting I must say! Niki, what was your dream company, since ya threw it out there?

I have a couple of head hunters that got my name from someone I know and they will not leave me alone...although one offer in Tampa was pretty tempting I must say! Niki, what was your dream company, since ya threw it out there?
I didn't say I got a job with my "dream" company. Just the one I wanted from the options available. I'm still trying to find my dream job ;) .

Back