Any State Boards more permissive to candidates with foreign experience

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

civilized_naah

Reaction score
Are any of the state boards more permissive then others when it comes to allowing candidates with foreign (outside U.S.) experience to sit for the PE exam?

I would start with the state you would need the PE license for. Having your primary license in a state you dont need it in will only increase your expenses for maintaining your license. Additionally, gettng your license in an "easy" state may not necessarily mean you will be able to get your license in the next state via comity.

To clarify further, I do not mean I am looking for 'easy' states - well maybe I am, as the topic title suggests. The intent of my question was I know that some states are tougher in applicants' dossier review than others (this could be an impression that is dated, because many states have streamlined their process to the NCEES record). One would still have to take the exam of course, but I am trying to get a sense of maybe there are differences like one state categorically states all experience must be in the United States under the supervision of U.S. PE's while another accepts properly credentialled (I don't know what that might mean) foreign design experience as acceptable experience to sit for the exam.

Back