Minnesota PE Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayman_PE

Quid pro quo
Reaction score
Anyone talked to the Board today or yesterday for an update? I tried calling this morning to pester them but no answer. I'm sure we'll be among the last to know.

thanks

I passed in April 2011 (first try), and if that is any indication, results were released to member boards on Weds May 25th. The MN board mailed letters on May 31st, and I got mine on June 1st. So, that means results were mailed three business days after release to member boards. Translating that to this April, results were released to member boards on May 29th, so that means they would mail letters on Friday June 1st. So unless you live far away from St. Paul, you would then get your letter on Saturday June 2nd, just in time to go out and get drunk to celebrate :40oz: (or to do the opposite :brickwall: )

Good luck!

I just received results in the mail today in Minnesota, and passed! I'm guessing everyone within the vicinity of the Twin Cities should find out today, maybe tomorrow for people outside of 1-day delivery from USPS.

Wow, that was faster than I expected - that means they mailed results the day after they received them. Congrats!

Has anyone considered the licensing cycle expiration date? My letter says the current license will expire June 30, 2012. Are you guys just going to wait until July to send in your check and license application?

I asked someone at the Board about this, and she didn't have an answer, but did say if you don't send it in until July, that you must ensure that you don't represent yourself as being a PE before you receive an actual license #. She said they'd bring the "hammer down" on you if you misrepresent yourself as being a PE, before you actually receive the #. So, I was planning to wait until July, and just keep telling everyone I'm an EIT until that point.

Yeah - that sounds reasonable. But note the pass letter was very deceptive. Apparently the state is so desperate for funds that they fail mention by renewing after June 30, you can lock into the next renewal cycle.

Back