Post your PE Electical Exam results in here

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passed Power Georgia! I highly recommend the Georgia Tech PE review class by Dr. Callen.

Passed Elec-Power Florida! mauldinite and stinkycheese to the rescue. A few months ago I remember thinking that all I'd need for the exam was the Camara PE Reference book... thanks to this board for correcting that naivete, among so many other mistakes that I was on the way to making over the last few months!

Passed - Elec Power - Delaware.

Thanks to this board for the great references and discussion on various topics!

Is it okay that I post the first failing score in this thread?? Am I in the wrong thread? LOL!

Ugh.

First off, congrats to everyone who passed! I wouldn't wish failing on my worst enemy or anything along the lines of misery loves company. It's a tough test, and hopefully you are all as excited as I was when I passed the Fire Protection PE exam a few years ago!!!

Anyways, took the test in South Carolina, Electrical/Power, 47/80. That's a one question improvement over the last exam I took (October 2010).

I took the review course at Clemson which was fantastic except for the fact that they started it very late this year (about 5 weeks from the test date!). Additionally I didn't start any prep before then, and then work got real busy so despite my desires to really put in the effort this time around (#3), that didn't happen.

I'd say I studied less overall than last time but did better. I believe in myself that I can pass this exam if I put in the right amount of effort with the new weaponry I have (2 practice exams from Imaginary, tons and tons of practice problems from Clemson review - a lot didn't get touched unfortunately) in addition to what I already have been using.

It's becoming easy to start having a lot of doubt and losing confidence with each failure, but having passed a PE exam outside of my discipline I know it's doable. I'd like to say there's some indifference to taking this exam because I'm already a PE. Unfortunately that hunger is one of the necessary parts needed.

So instead of giving up I will make a go for it yet again in October. I will start a separate thread going over my diagnostic, and laying out what I have and what I should have. Never picked up that Grainger book, and I feel like an idiot for not doing so.

I will get this thing!! F****!!!!

Passed this time - Power

I did alot of problems. Used the NCEES and Spinups exams.

Failed - took in Illinois, wasn't able to bring in half of my reference info becasue of their stupid rules. Looks like I'll be taking it in wisconsin this oct. Anyone who passed if you have advice or any good reference material you'd recommend please let me know.

also if anyone doesn't need their PPI power reference manual/sample exams/solution manulas please forward them my way.

Thanks and congratz to all who passed!

Err .....I mean I'll purchase the books.

but if you have any non-copyrighted electronic material it would be helpful to email me!

Passed 2nd try - Electrical/Electronics

Congrats to all the fellow electricals that passed! Those that didn't, there are a lot of previous threads in this particular forum (some created by myself) to offer very helpful suggestions of what to try for next time in your studies. Don't give up. Stay focused and determined. :thumbs:

Electrical - Power, CA - Passed!!

Thanks for everyone's help. Couldn't have done it w/o this board!

Passed! Illinois Power.

Thanks again for everyone on this board. This group is a blessing while trying to study.

Err .....I mean I'll purchase the books.

but if you have any non-copyrighted electronic material it would be helpful to email me!
i found the complex imaginary practice tests to be invaluable. they're a great resource for studying.

for taking into the test - i found the chelpatti review course books to be great as well as the georgia tech binder. they both have great sample problems in them and are even better as a study reference. i didn't have either one taken away during the test as they made their rounds and sifted through my books.

both were lent to me, so I'd suggest either buying them or borrowing them from someone asap.

Back