Memorial Day

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

engineergurl

Resident Sweet Cheeks
Reaction score
somewhere between a rock and a hard place...
In the past 12 months, our country has lost 425 Americans who gave their all in combat for the country and those of us who live in it.

As this holiday weekend approaches, please keep in mind these 425 brave men and women, as well as those that have gone before them. Many of us here on EB live or have lived a military life, and I thank each and every one of you who have stepped up in some way or another to either serve or support those who have served.

A case of beers are in the fridge and praying that the number doesn't increase next year. RIP- Crazy Bobby, Tom Cat, Natedawg, Jamie, Nicky, Dannon and Jeff and all that I haven't mentioned personally. We miss you...

Honor your men...

This is the first year in 6 years were going to miss putting the flags out at the Military Cemetery in town (Scouts)

I think it always sent a message at the beginning of memorial day as to what the weekend truly should represent..

Picture3.png

Picture1.jpg

Picture2.png

I knew 1 of those 425 well. He had four grown children, one granddaughter, and died way too young.

I didn't go on post the past few days so I am going off the internet for the numbers this year... but to date, 6,679 lives lost in OIF, OEF and OND http://projects.militarytimes.com/valor/. The number of men and women who have gave their all in service is astronomical. Please remember that today was a day to honor the fallen.

RIP- Bobby, Dan, Jamie, Jeff, Nate, Nick and Tommy... y'all are gonna have to figure out how to split the beer this year cause I'm broke and ain't got no job....couldn't afford to buy one for everyone but we love you and miss you.

I never get on post anymore... but after a drunken and sobering weekend and then a long 4 day week, I realized that this was one place that tradition lacked and I didn't bump a thread.....

Never forget you guys... with lots of love and fond memories, and I thank you for the blessings!!!! Mr.ArmyMan and I are rocking some GNR tonight with lots of reminiscing

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWaqtG9eRgA

Back