NYS - How long after application tog et acceptance letter

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apex_predetor

Reaction score
New York State - PE Exam.

How long after you handed in the application packet did you receive your letter of acceptance to sit for teh PE exam?

Thansk for any help/info.

About the same as a refile application.....maybe two weeks before the actual exam. This is for California dunno about other states.

In Massachusetts, it took about 4 weeks to receive my notification that I was eligible.

About the same as a refile application.....maybe two weeks before the actual exam. This is for California dunno about other states.
Let me clarify my response. Once I recived my acceptance letter two weeks later was the exam. Not two weeks after submitting my application.

I submitted my forms last May intending to sit for the April '12 exam and received my acceptance letter from NYS in mid August stating I could sit for the Oct '11 exam. So 3 months give or take a week.

I submitted my application a week before the deadline in October for the April 2012 exam (in NYS). I received my acceptance on December 6th, so it took about 7 weeks. I had a friend that overnighted it to arrive on the due date and she got her acceptance around New Years. Another friend submitted it three weeks early and heard in only 5-6 weeks. So no, I would certainly not say 2 weeks before the exam is typical - I think California is later than most because there's an extra step in their application process that NY doesn't have.

I submitted my application a week before the deadline in October for the April 2012 exam (in NYS). I received my acceptance on December 6th, so it took about 7 weeks. I had a friend that overnighted it to arrive on the due date and she got her acceptance around New Years. Another friend submitted it three weeks early and heard in only 5-6 weeks. So no, I would certainly not say 2 weeks before the exam is typical - I think California is later than most because there's an extra step in their application process that NY doesn't have.
I can confirm/ concur. I submitted my initial application a couple days before the deadline in Oct 2011, and received acceptance letter mid-December 2011 for the April 2012 exam.

Back