2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdcengineer

Sharp as a piece of beach glass
Reaction score
B's just won it in OT. Wow on the edge of my seat in a scoreless tie thru 3 periods.

Any other hockey fan out there? Bring out the excitement.

Canucks fan here. We're not off to a great start, especially losing Daniel Sedin for possibly the remainder of the playoffs, but I have hope they'll step it up in Game 2.

I start watching around this time. No football, no NCAA b-ball, don't watch baseball...so it makes a nice off-season filler. I root for the Blackhawks and Red Wings until they are both out, then root against teams from New York and California until it's over.

Did anyone else watch last nights Vancouver / Kings game, and if so - do you think an earlier King's goal went in during the 5 minute major? There was no replay and play continued until the ultimate game winning goal was scored over a minute later.

Blackhawks/coyotes game last night was a LONG one...about 12 minuted into OT. The refs were blind and the coyotes were playing very dirty hockey. Shaw gets ejected and 3 game suspension for not being about to control momentum while making in obvious attempt to avoid collision....and torres gets absolutely nothing for charging and leaving the ice to slam a player in the head and have to be put on a strectcher to leave the ice...the league better serve him his ass on platter today.

I looked at the Blackhawks roster the other day...if I remember correctly they have 15 canadians, 8 europeans, and 5 americans on the team.

Blackhawks/coyotes game last night was a LONG one...about 12 minuted into OT. The refs were blind and the coyotes were playing very dirty hockey. Shaw gets ejected and 3 game suspension for not being about to control momentum while making in obvious attempt to avoid collision....and torres gets absolutely nothing for charging and leaving the ice to slam a player in the head and have to be put on a strectcher to leave the ice...the league better serve him his ass on platter today.
Lotta dirty play these playoffs. I've been watching hockey since the late 70's when I was at the foot of my Dad's bed watching the B's, it was a rough game, but not as common to see head injuries. I bet it's either bigger (steroid induced) players, or a reduction in weight to helmets resulting in easier brain damage. I was pulling for the Hawk's specially after Hossa got hit like that. The hit was similar to the one in the Pens game and that player got no penalty and no follow-up suspension. We'll see, the league cracks down from now on I'm bettin'

The team with the most Europeans on the roster will surely win the Cup.
Canadian kids still eat and breath hockey. They dream about the cup. The cup is the toughest trophy to win IMO. And the players gotta want it. Sometimes it seems as if the Euros are in it for the $. Playoffs are about glory

Lotta dirty play these playoffs. I've been watching hockey since the late 70's when I was at the foot of my Dad's bed watching the B's, it was a rough game, but not as common to see head injuries. I bet it's either bigger (steroid induced) players, or a reduction in weight to helmets resulting in easier brain damage. I was pulling for the Hawk's specially after Hossa got hit like that. The hit was similar to the one in the Pens game and that player got no penalty and no follow-up suspension. We'll see, the league cracks down from now on I'm bettin'
Indefinite suspension with a hearing on Friday...so he misses at least 1 game...we'll see what the outcome is. I heard about that other hit in the Pens game...didn't see it though.

minisnick is fasinated with the goalies. Doesn't matter the team he will spend a lot of time just watching them...not sure if he just likes all the padding/face mask or if he likes the idea of trying to "catch" all the pucks

i was just going to ask if the kings beat them last night...anytime i hear luongos name it makes me think of the line from blazing saddles...candygram for mongo...

That is actually great news. Now the blackhawks need to win the next 2.

25 game suspenion for Torres.

^ +1, but it's not an easy ride t=for the B's. Back to back games this weekend wasn't an easy draw considering the Kings had 4 days off between games.

I'm pulling for the Sens to KO the Rangers to ease the Eastern conference. I don't think Philly has got the goaltending to contend with a sold defensive team like the B's.

Florida is a big question-mark too. Gotta focus on game 7 for now. As for the Hawks, I'll root for them or Blues to come out of the West.

I still can't believe all 5 blackhawks/coyotes games have gone into OT...whoever wins is going to be exhausted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back