Final thoughts on the eve of the exam...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strebe

Reaction score
Because my exam location is 2 1/2 hours away I have a hotel set up and I'm heading there tonight. No kids, no tv, no crazy distractions. Any thoughts on final prep time?

Because I'm in Illinois I cant have typed notes in the class, so my current plan is to go through all the prep exams and put equations down and short notes about pitfalls/ lessons learned into the blanks pages of my NEC handbook. It should be a cathartic time of focus and saying my goodbye to any crutches that I thought I needed and all you non-IL test takers get.

Also planning on reviewing a new reference, schaums outline of engineering economics. I was planning on using EC&Ms Electrical Calculations book to cover this topic but Illinois won't allow it. I scooped that up on amazon for $10 shipped earlier this week. So I want to dog-ear the pages with the basic equations on them.

If you passed or failed, or failed once then passed the second or third times how did you handle your last night?

^^^ Your board status dictates whether or not you can edit posts.

And see my post #6 from the "Electrical Prep" forum for suggestions and a checklist by others.

Well, some people study on test-eve but most people take it easy. I guess, ideally, all your studying should have been done by now. What I did, and I think it really helped, is I went through my resources/standards, pretty much page by page and tried to do a 'mental snapshot' of which books had what topics and what tables, etc. In my case, I took Civil Transpo depth and I went through the Roadside design Guide, the Green Book, the MUTCD, etc. I was really glad I did. For instance, I was under the impression that I would only be tested on Chapt 6 of the MUTCD or Chapt 3 of the Green Book. Not so! I was asked questions with answers found in other chapters. When I read the question on the exam I thought "I don't know the answer to that right off but I do know which book and the general location to find the answer". Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back